June 2015 Moms
Options

Need good vibes, thoughts and prayers....

So I posted a few weeks ago about my LO having a UTI/kidney infection. While she was on the antibiotics she was perfectly fine. However, 48 hours after ending antibiotics her fever spiked back up to 104.7 and Tylenol wasn't getting rid of it. Went to the ER that is an hour away (because of our terrible experience at the closer one last time) and ended up getting transferred to the children's hospital. We have been here for five days now and LO has had 4 spinal taps, 5 in and out catheters, 2 IVs, way too many needle pricks for blood draws, and now we have a PICC line in her little arm. We got an ultrasound and another test on her kidneys and found out she has kidney reflux. Grade 3 in her right kidney and grade 4 in her left ( out of 5 grades). We are going to be here for another two to three weeks then will go home with some probiotics that will hopefully keep the infections away. If they continue to come back we are looking at surgery. Luckily my LO is feeling better the past couple days and has been cooing and smiling and stealing all the nurses' hearts. A BIG change from the first few days. We moved from the trauma unit to ICU and are now in a regular room finally. This has been an extremely rough week and being almost 3 hours from home makes it worse. Any good thoughts would be appreciated. We are trying to make it through with a smile on our faces for her sake. The worry and stress about surgery on top of both of us missing work and losing money is not helping us....

Re: Need good vibes, thoughts and prayers....

• Options
    Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry she is having such a rough time. It sounds like you are in a good hospital (no thanks to the last Dr) and I hope the take extra extra good care of your sweet baby!! Thoughts and lots of prayers for you guys.
  • Options
    So sorry! Praying for ya'll!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that your family is going through this! I'm glad you're getting good care and caught the kidney issues this early in her little life, now you'll be able to fix them and hopefully life can go back to normal. Will be praying for all to go smoothly as you guys tackle this challenge! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sending lots of prayers and well wishes to you all. <3

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Sending you lots of good thoughts and calming vibes. I am so sorry you are going through this.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. Prayers and big hugs for your family!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    So sorry you and LO are going through this...Sending good thoughts and prayers for speedy recovery!!
  • Options
    Wow I'm so sorry! I can hardly get through shots! Just reading this made my heart hurt. You must have one strong little girl if she's smiling and cooing in that situation. What a lucky mommy and a lucky baby to have you!! I will be thinking of you and sending good vibes. You got this!!
  • Options
    Lots of T&Ps to you and your family! Sounds like you're getting that sweet LO the care she needs.
  • Options
    Sending good vibes your way!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry your LO is going through this! At least she is starting to feel better! Stay strong Mama! Sending prayers for you & baby!
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers to your LO and your family!
  • Options
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way!
  • Options
    Huge love and well wishes being sent to your LO and your family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My heart goes out to you! I'm glad you are at the very least (in a tough situation) getting good care.
  • Options
    Wow you and your family are going through so much, I'm so sorry! Definitely sending thoughts and prayers your way for you and your poor LO!
  • Options
    So sorry you are going through such a difficult time! Your LO is a real trooper! I hope and pray that the worst is behind you! Sending you lots of love and well wishes!
  • Options
    Sending lots of hope and love your way!

• Options
    Sending prayers your way. So sorry you're going through this.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for all this pain and stress!!! Thinking of you guys And sending positive thoughts your way!
  • Options
    Ugh I am so very sorry you are all going through this. She seems like one tough cookie. Hugs and prayers!!
  • Options
    So sorry! Thinking and sending positive thoughts to you all!
  • Options
    So sorry. Sending lots of prayers and hugs.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that sounds like such a hard experience to get through. Sending love and light and hoping things go well so surgery is not needed.
  • Options
    Thinking of you and your family! Praying you get the answers you need and the care and treatment your LO needs.
  • Options
    Thinking of you and wishing we weren't just internet strangers so I could do more for you. My LO was in the ER for one night with the iv and cathaters and it was so traumatic, I can't even imagine what you just be feeling! You are a great mama, doing right by your baby, what a strong family you have! Keeping you all in my thoughts and wishing your LO a speedy recovery with as few interventions as possible!
  • Options
    Oh, lady. That is so much to handle. I'm so glad your little one is doing better. Prayers for health, and for strength and for peace of mind very soon. Big hugs, mama to mama
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! Prayers to you and your LO!
  • Options
    Praying for strength for you, and recovery for your LO.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    Saying prayers and sending hugs!
  • Options
    Aw, what a tough place to be in. God will bring you through it! Praying!
  • Options
    @kaila8 thinking of you today...
  • Options
    hoodoll82 said:

@kaila8 thinking of you today...

Me too
  • Options
    Keeping LO and your family in my T&P. It's so hard to see our LO's in any kind of pain or discomfort. You are doing an amazing job and I'm glad you're in good hands at the Children's Hospital.
  • Options
    momtobe613momtobe613 member
    edited September 2015
    @kaila8 how's your little one doing? Been praying and sending good vibes.
  • Options
    Thinking of you and so glad you got a moment to let it all out! Sending prayers your way!