Infertility
Options

PCOS- One Positive Pregnancy Test One Negative.

The positive test was very faint and appeared within seconds. I ended up taking the second test later that night. i spoke to my doctor today and she told me that usually women with pcos don't get positive htps and they have blood drawn to check for pregnancy.How is this possible and what does it mean?

Re: PCOS- One Positive Pregnancy Test One Negative.

• Options
    I don't know that I can really help you as I am still TTC #1, but I have PCOS as well and have been trying for about 3 years give or take and NEVER got a BFP, not even a faint one. I have also heard that women with PCOS hardly ever get BFP on a home test so hopefully that means something good for you!! Goodluck
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Options
    I have PCOS and have gotten positives on HPT three times, all ending in early miscarriage. The second and third times I had beta levels drawn the day of positive HPT, one was at 50 and the other was at 25...so yeah, they served their purpose for me. The first two I got on 14 DPO and the third was on 12 DPO.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Was the first test with FMU and the second test later in the day?  Maybe your pee was more diluted?
  • Options
    Are you using blue dye or pink dye?  Get a FRER and try-again in the morning with FMU.