1st Trimester
Options

Child Predicting Pregnancy?? Has anyone else dealt with this?

So on Saturday, we went to my nephews birthday party and his mom, my sister, is seven months pregnant. We told my two year old when she first found out that there was a baby in her tummy, but we haven't really talked about it since then with him.
I've been suspecting I've been pregnant for about a week without telling anyone and the first thing DS said to me this morning was "mommy, there's a baby in your tummy!"
I asked him if he was thinking of my sister but he said she has a baby in her tummy and I have one too.
Has anyone expended this before because I'm kinda freaking out!
I'm only 10 dpo so I can't test for a few days...
P.S. i called and told her about what DS had said and my pregnant sister said she had a dream about me being pregnant with a girl on Friday night.
Could this be for real???

Re: Child Predicting Pregnancy?? Has anyone else dealt with this?

• Options

So on Saturday, we went to my nephews birthday party and his mom, my sister, is seven months pregnant. We told my two year old when she first found out that there was a baby in her tummy, but we haven't really talked about it since then with him.
    I've been suspecting I've been pregnant for about a week without telling anyone and the first thing DS said to me this morning was "mommy, there's a baby in your tummy!"
    I asked him if he was thinking of my sister but he said she has a baby in her tummy and I have one too.
    Has anyone expended this before because I'm kinda freaking out!
    I'm only 10 dpo so I can't test for a few days...
    P.S. i called and told her about what DS had said and my pregnant sister said she had a dream about me being pregnant with a girl on Friday night.
    Could this be for real???

QFP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BostonBaby1BostonBaby1 member
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    No, I have not dealt with that and no, it is not for real.
  • Options
    If you're asking whether it's possible you're pregnant, we don't know.

If you're asking whether it's possible that the silly stuff your 2yo says and the dream your sister had can possibly mean that you're totes KU, the answer is no.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    Yall are mean.

When I was about four and a half, I told my 8.5 months pregnant mom that "the baby is going to be born tonight." She assured me that the baby wouldn't come for another couple of weeks.... and sure enough, her water broke like four hours later.
  • Options

Yall are mean.

When I was about four and a half, I told my 8.5 months pregnant mom that "the baby is going to be born tonight." She assured me that the baby wouldn't come for another couple of weeks.... and sure enough, her water broke like four hours later.

Correlation /=/ Causation
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    Correlation vs Causation
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    I don't think OP was asking if this was scientific proof that she was pregnant, guys. Probably just sharing a fun story and looking for support. But way to pile on.
  • Options
    OP I also got the sense you understand that a child's prediction, or our opinions, do not replace a pregnancy test. I haven't had a similar experience but someone once told me that when she was pregnant (and knew it) in her first trimester, she noticed that toddlers were always looking at her funny. They seemed drawn to her, and she thought maybe they have a sense for it. Now maybe there's something to it or maybe she was reading into things, but it's a fun thing to wonder about!
  • Options
    Why can't you take a pregnancy test? I got my positive with this pregnancy at 10 dpo and 11 dpo with my first.
  • Options
    My son knew I was pregnant (and said something about it) within a few days of me getting a positive test all three times. Not sure if he's just really perceptive or what, but it happened. My animals were actually how I suspected I was pregnant. Ensues they all flocked to me to cuddle. I chocked that up to my higher body temp.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    When my best friend was pregnant with her second, her daughter asked me repeatedly about the baby in my belly. We had to explain that not every adult female has a baby in their belly. She was 3. And I wasn't pregnant until about 4 years later. If you're pregnant (just take a test if you want to know, what's the hold up?) it would just be a coincidence.
  • Options
    He just saw your 7 month pregnant sister on Saturday. I'm sure she talked about the baby at some point, even if nobody talked to him about it directly he probably overheard. I think it's more likely he said that because the image of his auntie with a baby in her belly is still fresh in his mind. Not saying you definitely aren't pregnant, but if you are I think his statement and your sister's dream are just coincidences.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cg0112358 said:

Correlation vs Causation

As a science geek, I LOVE THIS!! :)

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    What you're asking is basically for people to give their opinions and their beliefs on kids being able to predict things or somehow "know" something they couldn't possibly know. 

Personally, I would say no, this is not possible. That doesn't mean you aren't pregnant but I personally do not believe anyone can predict things like that. 

And no one was mean. At all. There is no possible way anyone here can tell OP if she is pregnant. If you want to share an anecdotal story, great, but asking people if it could be real is kind of ridiculous.  
  • Options
    So have you POAS yet? Since that's the only really way to know
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    Sounds to me like you have been discussing pregnancy around your son and so it is on his mind too. Same with the dream - presumably your sister knows you are TTC and so had a dream about it.
    Taking a test is the only way to know
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:
    Feb 2009
    DD: July 2014
    TTC #2: August 2015
    Fur babies: 1 Dachshund and 2 cats