TTC after 35

TWW post (week of 8/31 - 9/6)

emsmama15emsmama15 member
edited August 2015 in TTC after 35
Hi everyone! This is a two week wait post for anyone who is in or soon will be in the TWW. Tell us your symptoms (no matter how crazy they may be!), how many DPO you are, and when/if you'll test. Good luck everyone!
*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 

Re: TWW post (week of 8/31 - 9/6)

• lyssaroonylyssaroony member
    edited August 2015
    I'm in the middle of TWW now. I confess I did take FRER this morning with BFN. :( I'm only 8dpo though so I should know better. Lol

Anyway, I am trying so hard not to read into small waves of nausea I've been experiencing for the past several days. I've also had mild cramping, mood swings, fluttery gurgly tummy and lotiony/sticky CM. Why, oh why do pregnancy symptoms have to be so similar to AF symptoms?!

I am on such a roller coaster of one moment being so certain I will get BFP then the next feeling like I'm so out this month! ~X(

Anyone else having symptoms?

Prayers for everyone in TWW!
  • I am 6 dpiui today and am driving myself crazy.  I have been an emotional wreck which started on Friday.  One minute I am pissy and the next minute I cry.  I am sure this is from the progesterone but it really sucks.

I have also had mild cramping and cramping in particular on my right side.  I had this last month and was convinced it was a cyst but there was nothing there. 

I go tomorrow for my halfway point blood test to check progesterone and beta is scheduled for next Tuesday.

Good luck to all!

• TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello! I am currently in my TWW. i have a 31-33 day cycles and According to FF I ovulated CD22, according to my own judgments I believe I ovulated CD20. DH and I BD CD16, 17, 18, 20. I am currently 5-7 DPO. AF is due on 09/07/15. I plan to test the day after my period if I miss it on 09/08/15.

My only worry is I really don't have much symptoms at all. my boobs are not sore, and I don't have any nausea. I am a little more sleepy than usual but that can be because of anything honestly. I had the most horrendous pain around the time I ovulated though, all on my right side, lower back, hips, and going into my butt. it really hurt! this was around day of O and/or 1 DPO. the pain finally subsided so im saying it was O pain. I do have some mild on and off cramping but that's pretty much it! my CM is dry when I wipe, but when I check internally it is white and sticky. im really worried im leaning towards AF more than a BFP :-( I just pray it is a BFP though!!!

• Good luck everyone!! And good luck on betas @emsmama15!!
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• @Norien, 5-7dpo would be really early for sore boobs and nausea.  (And you can get a BFP with no symptoms at all, so there's that, too!)  Don't worry, you're still in the game.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• babyexpressbabyexpress member
    edited September 2015
    I am 5dpiui and this month has been a piece of cake compared to last month.  I felt like there was a WAR going on in my uterus last month, but this month the cramps have been minor so far.  My RE also lowered my dosage of clomid this round and added injections, which have all been no biggie.  The worst has been the progesterone, which makes me sleepy, bloated and crave bad food.

My testing date is 9/9

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• @Norien, I agree with @CarrieandRoy.  Too soon for any implantation to have happened.  And really, you're going to turn a pregnancy test positive before you feel any symptoms. 

So don't be looking for symptoms!

@babyexpress, I totally blame the progesterone for the weight gain I've had the last several months!  It totally gives me the munchies.

I'm gearing up for my IUI tomorrow, so hopefully I'm one day pre-O.  My OPK was positive this morning, though, so I'm worried I'll ovulate early.  Everyone, please cross your fingers that I don't lay any eggs until tomorrow morning at the earliest!
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Good luck with your IUI!  Don't lay eggs!!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• lyssaroonylyssaroony member
    edited September 2015
    Ok so I had some heavier cramping today (9dpo) with lower backache. Now I'm having poky twinges on my right side near hip bone. I'm CD22. I have tried all day to not read into this. I didn't really even want to post about it. But I just had to get it out! Before all this started happening I was really feeling like I might be out this month. Now I'm just feeling anxious!

Also, @KLake42 Fx for no eggs laid until tomorrow!!!
  • I am driving myself crazy! I feel like screaming and ~X(! Today is day 3 of what I am hoping is IB. It basically looks like brownish CM and has only shown up on toilet paper. Tested all three days with BFNs. I am so anxious that it might be AF. I'm CD24 and according to FF I'm due for AF on the 8th. Other apps are saying AF is due between 7th and 11th. I feel guilty obsessing over this when other ladies on the board are struggling with worse issues.

Any other TWW'ers have updates? @KLake42, how did IUI go?
  • @lyssaroony, it went well, and I'm pretty sure the timing was good.  The cramping from the ovidrel was kept to a minimum.

I've come down with a head cold, fairly minor.  I've heard that it's not likely to interfere with conception, but I'm not taking any meds for it, just to be safe.  Lots of broth and rest.

The last part of the TWW really is the worst.  It's way too early to know anything for me (3dpo) so I'm not going to start going nuts until around 9dpo.  I'm hoping I have the strength to hold off from testing, to wait until 12 dpo, so I'm not dealing with days and days of BFNs.

I hope you get out of this limbo space soon, hopefully with a BFP!
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited September 2015
    I'm now in the tww. Used clear blue advanced ovulation tests and seem to have o'ed earlier than I expected. BD on first flashy day and then on my first solid smiley day last night. Going to try again on Monday, which is when I would have guessed i would O, just to cover our bases. Now to settle in for the wait. Lots of talking to my uterus and praying going on over here. :)
  • @KLake42, thanks so much! I got AF on 12DPO making my last cycle 24 days. I've had a short cycle one other time in the past year and really thought it was a fluke. I just knew I was going to get BFP and BAM the witch shows up early. I was so sad I cried for the first day of AF and decided to take a break here. I am almost the point of not trying to track O, AF, CM or any other acronyms. My hubby had to go out of town for work the day I got AF so I didn't even have his shoulder to cry on. My mom and sister are supportive but not 100% on board with me TTC. So I didn't really have them to understand and sympathize. I know I'm ranting while there are ladies who have been here for awhile TTC. So I'm sorry if anyone reading this gets irritated. Honestly (warning: next line might offend or make someone emotional) I never thought it would take more than a month or two for me to get BFP. EVERY other pregnancy has happened almost immediately. Granted, it's been 4 years since my last pregnancy resulting In my beautiful son (had CP in July) and I'm 41 but I didn't imagine I would have problems. I do hope I'm not hurting/irritating anyone with that info. So anyway, Hubby is still out of town and won't be back until Friday. Then only home for less than a week and back out of town. I feel like it will have to be a miracle for me to get BFP this month.

I think that's all. Maybe getting all this out will help me feel better.

P.S. Fx @Sporty1216!
  • Thanks, @lyssaroony ! I'm sorry AF showed up at your home. :( and I can relate to the surprise at how long it is taking. With LO, we got pregnant the first month we tried. So grateful for that, but it also had added an interesting emotional dimension to this go around to say the least. Here's hoping for lots of BFPs around here soon!
  • Thanks @sporty1216! I am hoping the same thing!!
  • I can also relate to being shocked at how long it's taking.  Our first took 7 months - first month of Clomid, I got pregnant.  And I thought THAT was long at the time!  Imagine my shock at sitting here for months and months with no BFP.  What the hell is taking so long???  :(
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • I really like what your maya massage person said, @emsmama15. Our bodies do need time to recover. And, I know for me, my LO just started sleeping through the night consistently about, oh, 4 days ago. So I've also been sleep deprived for almost two years since I could hardly sleep for the majority of my pregnancy. Sometimes I wonder if God and my body just want me to get a little rest before we start the whole thing over again. :)