1st Trimester
Options

Tempature around 97.8 every day

ttaylor1986ttaylor1986 member
edited August 2015 in 1st Trimester
Does anyone else have a low temperature? Mine is starting to worry me, I have had a few peaks that went up to 98.7 but that's all it has been a low tempature since after implanting 3 weeks ago. I feel hot all the time though.

Re: Tempature around 97.8 every day

• Options
    You need to call your doctor right this very second.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

Anything below 95 degrees is a medical emergency/ hypothermia. I think you need to buy a new thermometer.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol. Hope that's a typo.

Anyway, 98.6 Is an average. Pre ovulation temps can be as low as 95.5 I think. My lowest was 95.9.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    ttaylor1986ttaylor1986 member
    edited August 2015
    Lol oops. Yes I meant 97.8 sorry. It was late last night when i posted and I was tired.
  • Options
    haha, I was curious before....my resting body temp is very low- usually around 96/97
  • Options
    Then you're fine.

• Options
    Ok.. so it's normal to have low temperatures. ;) thanks.
  • Options
    My temp naturally runs low. Nothing to worry about unless it's below 95. I was seriously thinking you were about to die before you edited, though!

• Options
    Every time I get my temp taken at the drs office its 97.1. So my resting temp is naturally low too. No worries about it!
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If you are getting the same exact temp on your thermometer day after day you may need to replace the batteries in the thermometer, but 97.8 isn't too low.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Most people run between 97.6 and 98.8 . It's normal
  • Options
    I have hypothyroidism and my temps run low when my thyroid meds need adjusted. Might be something to look into as baby needs our thyroid hormone through the first trimester. Temps also vary if you don't sleep well/sleep with your mouth open or have cooler sleeping arrangements.
  • Options

I have hypothyroidism and my temps run low when my thyroid meds need adjusted. Might be something to look into as baby needs our thyroid hormone through the first trimester. Temps also vary if you don't sleep well/sleep with your mouth open or have cooler sleeping arrangements.

Good point, but 97.8 is not low.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    I thought I had a thyroid issue but it turned out I have a vitamin D deficiency instead. It was checked recently.
    I also found out Saturday that my hcg levels dropped way low and the other hormone that starts with p was low as well... I'll try again next month :(