April 2015 Moms

LO been sick for a month

tmcweddingstmcweddings member
edited August 2015 in April 2015 Moms
I need some advice! My daughter is 4 months old & has been sick sneezing, coughing, stuffed nose, & congested. She had spiked a fever of 101.4 at daycare a couple of times & I thought it could've bee that she was starting to teethe, so I took her to the doctor & they told me she had an ear infection (prescribed amoxicillin) & sent us home. As of right now, there is still little improvement. I just want to know had anyone experienced something similar with their LO & how long did it take them to get over it. I'm Considering getting a second opinion with a different doctor?

Re: LO been sick for a month

• borgie05borgie05 member
    edited August 2015
    Awww poor little one! I haven't experienced this, but a month seems like a long time to have no improvement with medicine. I have heard it's pretty normal when they start daycare though. Did the doctor mention when you should contact them if no improvement?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes get a second opinion. It's not going to hurt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah that's what they said to do but this doctors office has several different doctors in it & they're still always very busy. I'm thinking a second opinion is my best option.
  • My pediatrician said it is common for a baby to seem like they are sick for a long time because they can get back to back colds especially in daycare. Our boy was congested for a long time! Probably a month. Then he got mild Croup (that was awful when we had to give him the liquid steroid, he projectile vomited so they opted for the shot instead). He got better in a week. While sick his appetite dropped a lot but he never had a fever. He is finally not congested and is eating a ton again. Just thought I'd share our experience.
  • A month is a long time, get second opinion from a doctor in another office. My LO was sick after being in daycare for two weeks. My husband and I pulled her because she kept vomiting.