Trouble TTC

Gonal cycle 2, 50 units and making me depressed

hi there!
Pcos , no kids, 4 failed clomid attempts, on to Gonal F injects! Did 37.5units felt fine but got bumped up to 50 and on day 3. Today woke feeling tearful, tried of treatments and I know I'm not alone . There are women out there with worse cases, and been trying longer then us. I think it's been 2-3 years. Anyway is this depression symptoms due to the injects just curious if anyone has went through these feeling w/ Gonal ??? Would love to hear any feedback !!!

We will get through this

Re: Gonal cycle 2, 50 units and making me depressed

• HUGS...  to my knowledge, depression is not a side effect of injects.    However, it is a  huge side effect of infertility!   I hope that you aren't feeling down because your dosage got bumped up, because stairstepping is NORMAL on injects and not a bad sign at all.

When I am down, I try to force myself to do something enjoyable that is not infertility related.  It's easy to focus constantly on it and the stress and the frustration can make the experience that much worse mentally.  I hope that this will be your lucky cycle!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Aww thank you that was more helpful than you know xo good luck to you as well
  • Loading the player...
  • ***pregnancy warning***
    I'm totally lurking here but wanted to provide some support. I conceived my twins (currently 32 weeks) on gonal F & my 5th IUI. At the time of the IUI, I felt it was a complete Hail Mary---hell, 4 previous hadn't worked so why would the 5th? I knew it was my last cycle before considering IVF & felt completely pissed and discouraged. During my TWW, my husband's advanced semen analysis came back less than stellar, just to add to the mix. Never in 100 years did I imagine I would be blessed with these two boys on my 5th cycle. I honestly thought we may just be a couple without kids.
    I agree with @GoldenKeys; stair stepping is sometimes necessary to find the protocol that works for you. Infertility is a total bitch but you can and will beat it. Take care & be kind to yourself. You will get your baby, hopefully sooner rather than later. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • I can't even tell you how much you touched me and uplifted me @blsav23 I'm so happy you had the courage to keep going . That makes me want to brave this storm, it's emotional and sometimes unfair but i know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. . Even if that means twins !! How exciting and blessed , I don't know if you believe in God but that almost seems like your gifts for enduring so much !!!
  • I can't even tell you how much you touched me and uplifted me @blsav23 I'm so happy you had the courage to keep going . That makes me want to brave this storm, it's emotional and sometimes unfair but i know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. . Even if that means twins !! How exciting and blessed , I don't know if you believe in God but that almost seems like your gifts for enduring so much !!!

I am so glad I was able to shine some positivity into a frustrating time for you. Keep braving the storm, I promise it will be worth it. I truly believe these babies are such a gift & my journey makes them that much more special. I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers. Hang in there, dear friend.
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Likewise my dear !! May those babies grow strong, healthy and loved with lots of cuddles !!