High-Risk Pregnancy

Csection/hysterectomy complete!

Ryan
Born:08/28
Edd: 09/29
7lbs7oz

Ryan was born during a repeat csection on 08/28. Csection was scheduled so early due to complete placenta previa and placenta increta. Csection went well and he came out yelling. He is in the nicu to help regulate his breathing which is still a bit fast. Then he can try bottle feeding, for now he is on a feeding tube. Considering he was so early he is doing rather well.

After the csection I was put under general anesthesia to complete a hysterectomy because of the placenta increta. They took out my uterus and most of my cervix. The placenta also caused bladder issues so they had to fix that too. Thanks to the bladder issues I get this awesome catheter for a week :-( my incision was vertical pubic bone to three inches above my belly button. Honestly the pain is less than my first two csections so I think we are doing well!

Re: Csection/hysterectomy complete!

• Glad to hear everything went well. I hope your little guy makes his way out of that NICU soon. :)
  • He has already started doing leaps better. Should only be a couple more days.
  • Loading the player...
  • That is a great success story!  Glad everything went well for you!  He was a great size for being early!  I expect my little one to be a good size too.  We are hoping for a 36 week delivery due to CPP and accreta.  He was already measuring at 2 1/2 pounds at 26 weeks.  My last baby was 9 pounds 6 ounces so I figure this one will be too.  I will also have a c-section/hysterectomy.  I love reading people who get through to the other side without much for complications!  

Prayers baby does well in the NICU and can come home soon!  
    Erin

Mom to 3 Boys (Ages 10, 8 & 3)

Mom to 3 Angels

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So far he is doing a ton better than me. I had to have some bladder repair so been stuck with a catheter which is killing me. Ended up with a yeast infection and the creams aren't helping. The spray they gave me to clean the cath ended up giving me a chemical burn too. And this morning I woke up to my incision bleeding and oozing. No fun :-( but Ryan is doing amazing and might go home today or tomorrow so that's good.
  • How are you doing?  Just thought I would check up?!  Hope you are feeling better and that your incision is doing better.  I am really nervous about having bladder invasion.  I have another appointment on Friday to discuss some of the surgical things a little bit more.

Keep us posted! 
    Erin

Mom to 3 Angels

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm doing well! It's been a rough recovery. They did have to repair my bladder so I was stuck with a catheter for a week. That was the worst! They gave me some spray to clean it which gave me a chemical burn, all over my lady bits. But overall it wasn't horrible. I had multiple different antibiotics because I had an infection starting but we caught it in time. They closed me with stitches so I believe that helped recovery. I'm about two and a half weeks out and feeling pretty normal!
  • I hear recovery can be hard.  Glad you are feeling better and more on the normal side of things.  My appointment on Friday went well and so far we are staying with the accreta diagnosis and it hasn't progressed any further.  So things are stable right now.  I hear the foley can be a pain in the butt and hoping to avoid that.  

Thanks for keeping us posted.  Hope Ryan is doing well!      
    Erin

Mom to 3 Angels

BabyFruit Ticker