May 2016 Moms
Options

Using The Search Feature

Hello May Mommies!

Just a friendly reminder,

Before you post a question, please lurk around the board, even 2-3 pages back to see if your question has recently been answered.

If you haven't found your answer, please try using the search function.

If you're mobile, it is located at the bottom of the May 2016 thread. If you're on the computer, it is located to the top right of the screen.

Here you can enter keywords and search past threads in which you may find the information you are looking for. Also, it will look on other BMBs so you can essentially see into the future.

Many of us are going through the same emotions, worries, and symptoms and have created several discussions about such. When we start several threads about the same topic, it busies up the board and makes it difficult for those who have a unique or new question to have it answered.

We are all excited to be here, to be pregnant and we all want to give the best possible advice and support that we can.

Best of luck to everyone throughout your pregnancy journey

(I would like to give a special shout out to @Embuzz247 for writing this post in the December 15 BMB. I updated some parts to add instructions. Thank you!)

@bumpadmin - can was also make this a sticky? Thanks in advance.

Re: Using The Search Feature

• Options
    Yes! This needs to be sticky! Thanks in advance, @BumpAdmin
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Hooray for organization!!! My inner OCD is so happy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin @BumpTara @BumpCaitlin someone? Can we have this pinned please? Kthx!!

@Mel90412 great post! Thank you for putting this together!
  • Options
    Mel90412Mel90412 member
    edited August 2015
    I copied and pasted from @heawilliams in J16 lol. Just changed January to May. Will you ladies help me bump it regularly until it's pinned? :D

ETA Please pin @BumpAdmin! TIA!
  • Options
    Let the bumping commence...

• Options
    Bump until @BumpAdmin pins!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    Bump, please pin @BumpAdmin
  • Options
    Thanks!!! :D
  • Options
    Yay!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    This should be required reading. I'm tiring of repeat threads and searching for others.
  • Options
    How bout that morning sickness? Lol
  • Options
    How bout that morning sickness? Lol
    You mean other people experience that too!? :O

;)
  • Options
    Hi, I'm pregnant. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    vinerie said:

Hi, I'm pregnant. Has anyone else experienced this?

Better make a new post about it just to make sure...

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    DutchLucyLuDutchLucyLu member
    edited October 2015
    VeronicaSchmitt said: I guess I just don't understand what the big deal is.... I'm an organized person but there are many really excited mothers to be on here that shouldn't have to look to see if somethings been asked to ask a question. Maybe they want a fresh perspective... You and I know how to use the search feature so why can't we use it and stop stealing other people's joy by commenting on their post "this has been asked use the search feature". Aren't we supposed to be filled with joy from our babies to be? I know I am and I don't care if the same question is asked a million times. These are exciting, wonderful times!!!!
    ----------------quote box fail------------------
    There are currently 4 threads about morning sickness and 2 about bleeding at 6 weeks, plus a weekly symptoms thread and a general symptoms thread 
    on the first pageThere have been at least 4 threads about Ramzi theory and just as many about when to announce. 

You can't expect people to keep repeating themselves or to serve as a personal search engine simply because others are too excited (OMG SQUEE BABY JOY) to read past the 'New Discussion' button.
  • Options
    If the search function didn't produce a bunch of random results people would be more inclined to use it.
  • Options
    You can search all kinds of different keywords! It's actually quite useful!
  • Options
    karmana said:
    If the search function didn't produce a bunch of random results people would be more inclined to use it.
    Be sure to select just the May 2016 board when you search. You should get fewer random results that way. Also try a variety of specific keywords. 

Ultimately, if something is overlooked and we end up with a double post it's not the end of the world, but it does become very frustrating when there are so many duplicate posts that people can't dig into a conversation about a topic and users feel like an answering service instead of a community.
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:
    karmana said:
    Be sure to select just the May 2016 board when you search. You should get fewer random results that way. Also try a variety of specific keywords. 

Ultimately, if something is overlooked and we end up with a double post it's not the end of the world, but it does become very frustrating when there are so many duplicate posts that people can't dig into a conversation about a topic and users feel like an answering service instead of a community.
    ^^^ This. Questions that could be answered via google are getting tiring. Plus, by simply posting a question like "Can I take a bath?" and not searching before-hand one is basically making this space about them, rather than about building community. Instead, use the Ticker Change Thread, for example, to not only post questions like that, but to respond to others. That interactivity is what will make this place special. 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    I have somewhat of an unrelated question but I didn't want to create a whole new thread for it just in case it can be answered here, but:
    How do I gain permission to upload a file? I really wanted to post my ultrasound but it said I "didn't have permission" to.
  • Options
    Everyone should have permission to attach a picture on the public boards. It's likely a fluke that you can't (like the app will constantly forget I'm a member of a private group and will tell me I don't have permission to do stuff when I'm in the middle of typing a message in that group). I would try a few more times and maybe contact an admin if you keep having the same problem.
  • Options
    Now that I've been on TB for three years, I have finally discovered how to use the search function to ONLY search the board you are on.

Forgive me if everyone already knows this and I'm just slow...

To search only the May BMB, from a computer, use the magnifying glass next to the page numbers NOT the search boxes on the middle-right of the page. From mobile it should already be only searching the board you are on.

I really hope I'm not the only one who was oblivious to this ;)
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker