Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby sleeping too much?

im a Ftm, my LO is 3 weeks today! I just wanted to know at what time do I start letting my LO wake up on her own to feed? Last night she slept almost 7 hours straight.

Re: Baby sleeping too much?

• im a Ftm, my LO is 3 weeks today! I just wanted to know at what time do I start letting my LO wake up on her own to feed? Last night she slept almost 7 hours straight.

Enjoy but while it lasts. Mine did that until 4 weeks and hasn't done it since.

As long as the doctor says LO is gaining weight appropriately there is no need to ever wake LO up to feed. Babies are smart...they'll let you know when they're hungry.
  • ashmiller001ashmiller001 member
    edited August 2015
    You are so lucky! Be thankful! My 3 week old only sleeps three hours at a time, sometimes less haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • delujm0 said:

im a Ftm, my LO is 3 weeks today! I just wanted to know at what time do I start letting my LO wake up on her own to feed? Last night she slept almost 7 hours straight.

Enjoy but while it lasts. Mine did that until 4 weeks and hasn't done it since.

As long as the doctor says LO is gaining weight appropriately there is no need to ever wake LO up to feed. Babies are smart...they'll let you know when they're hungry.

Okay thank you I wasn't sure if she knew when she was hungry yet.
  • You are so lucky! Be thankful! My 3 week old only sleeps three hours at a time, sometimes less haha.

She has only done it once. But I was just shocked lol right now she woke up and is still up after her bottle
  • I will breastfeed my baby on demand. If your baby is healthy and active then there is no need to wake her up.