Pregnant after a Loss

Very newly pregnant...

Hi all I found great solace on this site with my first rainbow baby born 1/26/12. My first loss was a missed miscarriage at 11w in February of 2011. I had another loss this April and I am now very very early with this pregnancy.  I have a 5.5 yr DD and a 3.5 yr DS.  I am so nervous again this time but I am trying just to be at peace with this pregnnacy.  I got a very faint FRER + on Weds, confirmed with a beta yesterday low but ok at 24.8, betas again on Monday.  I am just trying to remain calm and pray for a sticking baby.  H&H 9 months to all and I hope to be sticking around this time!

Re: Very newly pregnant...

• Congrats on your new pregnancy! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9!
  • Congrats! Wishing you a healthy, beautiful baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!!! Welcome and sending positive vibes your way.
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats!
  • Hey congrats!!!! I'm new to this site, but I just found out I'm pregnant!! I lost our baby 7 weeks ago! Today I got the best news ever when I peed on a stick lol had to share with everyone!!
  • Congrats to the both of you!!
  • Confratulations @Lisaconfused !!
  • Congratulations! I'm newly pregnant too! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!
    Anniversary

• I wish you the best!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Congratulations and best wishes!!

• Update to second beta..it was 220 so a 29.4 doubling time!!!!  RE said I can wait a week for my next appt where Ill get a US hoping to see gestational sac and fetal pole!
  • Big question cause I'm going CRAZY!!! One week ago... 2 weeks before my period was due, I took a test and it was a faint positive..., completely excited cause I suffered a loss in July at 10.5 weeks.... Now every test I take says negitive..... I'm 5 days away from my period! How did I get a positive... And now nothing?!
    I have no symptoms except this weird sick feeling with everything I eat and some headaches and some cramps on my lower right side by my hip.... Can anyone shed some light????
  • Did your doc follow your HCG to zero after your loss?
  • @Lisaconfused I had positive tests/HCG at positive levels for about 8 weeks after my most recent loss. It look a REALLY long time for my HCG to drop. My Dr. did track mine to zero because with my first loss I had a negative test only 2 weeks later. I would try and see you doctor so you know what's going on. Good luck. I hope you find an answer.

1: BFP 3/14/14; EDD 12/1/14; MMC with HB, D&C 5/8/14
    2: BFP 1/31/15; EDD 10/09/15; MMC with HB, Cytotec 3/16/15
    6/9/15 Diagnosed MTHFR Compound Heterozygous
    3. BFP 8/27/15; EDD 5/08/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks ladies yes my levels went back to zero , tracked by blood. I had made sure of it by getting negitive pregnancy tests. 4 weeks after my miscarriage to the day I got my period full blown. 2 weeks after my period I got a positive and now nothing but showing many signs of early pregnancy either that or my periods are going to be hell from now on. I just don't understand how it could be a "fluk" like my doctor tells me it is. False positives can not be that common right?!
  • @Lisaconfused I got a false positive on a FRER (it was pink and way darker than ones that actually turned into positives later) the month before I got pregnant with this baby. It was awful and a super weird month--I felt pregnant but didn't ovulate until after that false positive (confirmed by a
    OPKs I took out of desperation and frustration). I started temping and got the clean blue fertility monitor because I felt like I was going insane and got pregnant the next month.

Anyway, they are rare, but they do happen. Fingers crossed that's not what happening to you!!