3rd Trimester

37 weeks

I'm 37 weeks today . I went to my appointment Tuesday that just passed & had a cervix check . So she said all the test results came back negative . But cervix still closed .. No dilation or anything , but my baby girl is head down position .. Not descended into my pelvis yet.. What exactly does that mean ?? How would I know or can tell when she's in my pelvis ?? What can I do ?

Re: 37 weeks

• What can you do about what? You're 37 weeks along, and baby still has more cooking to do. Just take care of yourself, and continue going to your routine appointments.

Btw, these are excellent questions for your doctor. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 37+4 baby has been head down for weeks. It means baby isn't ready to come. Be patient baby will come when s/he is ready.
    In the mean time go for walks, swim, bounce on a ball. But I don't understand the want to rush a baby out.
    Also as @CarrieOct15 these questions your asking should have been asked at your doctors appointment. I'm not sure what your expecting us to say as no one to my knowledge is a Dr/Mw or Ob.
  • Loading the player...
  • What can you do about what? You're 37 weeks along, and baby still has more cooking to do. Just take care of yourself, and continue going to your routine appointments.

Btw, these are excellent questions for your doctor. 
    This. I know being 9 months pregnant isn't the most pleasant thing in the world, but you really should relax and just let baby cook until SHE is ready to come out.
  • ash413ash413 member
    edited August 2015
    You are only 37 weeks pregnant, you have up to 5 more weeks of pregnancy. The baby will come when ready, and may not drop until it is time for delivery.

You seem very uneducated about the birth process based on this and other posts. I suggest you speak to your doctor and research it beforehand.