Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Do you have your pregnancy announcement planned yet?

2»

Answers

• Options
    DH will be with me when I test. I have no idea how to tell our families, it will be super emotional. Last time we put pacifiers in boxes with a note. This time, we'll probably just say it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a t-shirt that says "be nice to me my wife is pregnant" and a copy of Where the Wild Things Are (we want to name our first child Max) with a note to him on the inside wrapped up in brown paper. On the outside in calligraphy I put "let the wild rumpus start!"  

That's so cute! DH and I love where the wild things are. If we have a boy someday that's the theme we want the nursery
  • Options
    I was going to buy a pair of baby TOMS to give DH, however, I would have to order them and he would want to know what I had bought plus he usually knows when I'm going to POAS so I will probably just tell him; also I have no poker face and he would figure it out before I could do anything cute.

We want a really cute way to tell our families, this will be the first for my parents, and for his the first non "step" grandchild, not that our neice is any less a grandchild to them of course (unless of course DH's sister beats us to the punch!) so we are always trying to come up with ideas for telling our parents.
    For extended family, hopefully we will be able to tell them around the holidays because we already have plans!
  • Options
    When we decided to TTC, I ordered this for my husband and just tucked it away. He had zero experience with babies so I thought this was perfect.
  • Options
    ^^^^ 

I tried to attach the fie, but it's not working. This is the onsie I got him. 

• Options
    I wanted to do a seasonal fall type thing with baby pumpkins or something... but who knows what season it will happen in! I always try to plan everything and trying to let it go. hahaha.. easier said than done. Anyway, I've seen some super cute ideas and I love getting creative, so I will def have fun with this when the time comes!
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    yogahh said:

I want to get him something like this

Custom Personized Steelers Bib - I watch the Steelers with my BLANK

sorry this picture is soo big

Hmm... I think I'll go ahead and get this:

:)) (All in the name of good fun.)

I plan on giving DH this blanket when I get my BFP. If I'm up before him, I'll probably put the HPT in the bear's arms and leave it next to him and wait for him wake up.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Options
    yogahh said:

I want to get him something like this

Custom Personized Steelers Bib - I watch the Steelers with my BLANK

sorry this picture is soo big

Hmm... I think I'll go ahead and get this:

:)) (All in the name of good fun.)

I plan on giving DH this blanket when I get my BFP. If I'm up before him, I'll probably put the HPT in the bear's arms and leave it next to him and wait for him wake up.

I saw the same one with the "ravens stink".. thought I would get that one eventually!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I'm 99% sure I will not be able to contain myself and will leap on him in bed and tell him while he's half awake...
    This.... :)

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13
    BFP #1 12/15/15 - C Born 8/27/16
    BFP #2 1/10/20 - EDD 9/8/20

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    So I saw this on Pinterest and I might just do this. I did a shadow box for our wedding and I want to do one for each child we bring home and hang up in the house somewhere. I figured I could have it already made and hide it in the basement and then hang it up above our tall dresser and see how long it takes him to figure it out. Of course I will make ours look pretty. And I believe I will only keep the stick in there for the first couple of days. Depending if it starts to smell or not.
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    These are so cute!!! I was going to do the whole thing from Full house with the dinner made from BABY back ribs, BABY potatoes and BABY carrots...but with how my work schedule is I doubt I'll time for that lol nor will I want to wait that long!!!

I think I may just order a t-shirt like a PP mentioned with the "be careful my wife is pregnant" saying..

OR I do love to bake, cookies especially...so maybe I'll make some sugar cookies that spell out I'm Pregnant so when DH comes home I'll tell him to go grab a cookie from the plate in the kitchen!
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    After SO many months of discouragment, I'll prolly just run out of the bathroom screaming/crying & wake DH. For my workout buddies, I really want the tank from ForTwo Fitness that reads: Running for Two and see if they catch on... For Facebook, I'll just post "1 Samuel 1:27" and see how long that takes. Well prolly tell family after church on Sunday.

Me (31) & DH (35) #DFDubClub
    TTC since August 2013 - Break: Jan-June 2014
    Everything looks good on me so far.  Going in for U/S in Oct just to be absolutely sure everything is good.
    SA for DH pending.
  • Options
    We usually get to spend one of our weekend days together. On that day I like to make breakfast for us and I always drink out of this one coffee mug that says "DAD" on it. It belonged to my dad but somehow I ended up with it so I claimed it as my weekend mug. I never let DH use it. Whenever I finally get that BFP I plan on making our weekend breakfast and letting him use it for his coffee. It's subtle but he will definitely get it.
  • Options
    I am sure I will breakdown and tell DH before I can surprise him but I love doing fun things. I was thinking it would be cute and simple to get him coffee from Starbucks and have them write "Daddy" on it. I love all of your ideas- I may steal one of them ;)

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Options
    I don't think I'll be able to contain my excitement enough to pull off an announcement for my husband. However, for everyone else I saw a re-creation of the "28 Days Later" movie poster as "28 Days Late". I'm a big zombie fan so I would be pumped to do it!
  • Options
    I bought this shirt and plan on giving it to him with the + HPT. I also bought a matching one for me (baby momma of course) for when we reveal to the family.
  • Options

I just bought this as well... I am too addicted to Etsy for my own good. How cute will this be on my cat when we announce via social media!

Metallic Gold Dog Bandana

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I am probably going to just tell my hubby as soon as I find out because, heck, I can't even keep his christmas presents a secret. 

We plan on waiting a while before telling our parents, and then I was planning on some sort of grandma/grandpa labeled gift. @KOR1219 I love the coffee cup idea for my parents. We are big coffee people. 

For everyone else I want to do a picture announcement. Our last name is Baker, so I thought it would be adorable to do one in the kitchen, maybe wearing aprons that say "The Baker's have one in the oven." or something like that and then post it to facebook and such. 
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• Options
    I think this is cute and simple

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like this idea for friends and family after hubby is told - gets the whole family involved.
    Me:28 (PCOS, DOR), DH: 32 (low morphology)
    TTC since March 2012
    2013-2014 - 6 rounds of Clomid - BFNs
    3 failed IUIs in 2015
    October 2015 - wait listed for IVF #1
    IVF #1 March 2016 - bfn, zero frosties!
    Femara cycle 1 May 2016 - POAS starting May 21st / beta testing May 25th....

• Options

For our first Christmas with my DH, as a joke, I got him a t-shirt that said "I Love My Wife" and bought myself a matching one that said "I Love My Husband".  So before I got pregnant with my DS, I bought a onesie that said "I Love my Mom and Dad".  The plan was to give him that wrapped up as soon as I found out.  I had it in my car for months!  When I got that BFP, I ended up just calling him on the phone and yelling "WE"RE PREGNANT!!!"  So much for a special moment! 

• Options
    josie12367josie12367 member
    edited September 2015
    Our last name is actually the name of one of the seasons...so I am trying to figure out a cute way to incorporate that to tell the family. I've thought about "Beware another Winter is coming in July" or something like that written over a photograph of us. We'd all be in winter gear.....Even down to the dogs in their little sweaters (I know....don't judge ;) ) I'd like to do printed out photographs for the family, and then just post the photo on FB once we're at 12 weeks or so after all the family knows.

I don't think i'm going to do anything special for DH. He's too involved with everything to try and make it a surprise for him. He even knows about looking for a temp shift, and that my temps have to stay high.....So he'll likely see the test right away which is fine by me :)
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    Malone24Malone24 member
    edited September 2015
    So many good ideas.  I just ordered a Zelda onesie on Etsy.  If we can get pregnant, it would be a great way to let my husband know - he is obsessed with that game.  Also, if we can't get pregnant, I can give it to Goodwill and someone else can enjoy it.
  • Options
    I was thinking of other ways to tell DH last night (I know cart before the horse, but I can't help it). If/when I get a BFP I was thinking about changing the background on DH's log in on our computer so when he logs on he will see it.  (I am a graphic designer so I would do something more creative) Something like a picture of the HPT, the words I'm pregnant, or I seen this:
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    My husband and I are coffee fanatics.  I plan on going to get us coffee and having them right mommy and daddy on the cups.  Everyone knows my love of coffee so I thought it would be a cute way to announce it to our family and friends as well.