TTC after 35

What's going on?

so, I'm on cd37 today. No AF. No bfp. FF changed my O date due to OPKs and now I'm only on 10dpo. I'm feeling awful. Crampy, boobs are killing me, and my poor husband - I'm so witchy.

I'm hoping others who have been recently off the mirena might be able to share if this is a normal thing or not. I was fine and regular for a few months, now this.

I'm so annoyed. Not stressed, not frustrated. Just annoyed.

Re: What's going on?

• After Mirena, I had a 30 day cycle, then a 26 day cycle, then I got pregnant. The D&E screwed me up for two cycles, then it was 26, 29, and this one will probably be 26.

The weird thing is, not only am I a little bitter toward people that get pregnant quickly, I'm now a little bitter toward "February me" who got pregnant on her second cycle of trying. Like I was a different person or something. It came too easily for February me. August me has put in the time and heartache and deserves it. Where's MY pregnancy?  (I'm totally weird.)

--Sorry about your long cycle. It sounds like the end is near, though. Fx next month is normal again!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I'm so bloated my clothes aren't fitting. And my legs are sore from a dull nonstop cramping feeling. I'm so miserable.

And to top it off, DH is acting like a child. Bleh. %-(
  • Loading the player...
  • If you really are 10dpo, then you've got a few more days until AF (or until a pregnancy test will tell you anything).  I think wonky cycles are normal when you come off mirena.  And also, some of us have wonky cycles for other reasons, but it's probably too soon for you to know if it's just wonky from the mirena or something else.

And I agree-- wear white pants.  That will put an end to it.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• I went to a totally white dinner last Thursday night when it was supposed to by my original AF date. I had been perfectly 32-33 days for the last few months. If I don't get it, can they make it happen? Could I be premenopausal? Why can't I be a doctor????? :-/
  • Ohhh, that's just awful.  I'm guessing you are NOT premenopausal and your hormones are just wonky from the Mirena.  I'm not a doctor, but I'm a NP.  Of course, my patients average about 4 pounds, so I'm really not an authority on women's health issues beyond my own.  :)  SORRY!  But, I do believe the Mirena could still be to blame.  

Here's what my RE would do -- have me come in for a progesterone draw.  If that appears as though I've ovulated, he would just let me continue on my merry way.  If it clearly shows I haven't ovulated, he would start me on a 10 day course of Provera (progesterone) to trick my body into thinking I ovulated and induce a period.  I'm blessed with an OBGYN and a RE who understand just how antsy a 40 year old can get with long cycles and they're willing to help me out.  I hope your doctor is too...
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • I don't like the sound of the sore and cramps legs. Blood clots, etc. I'd get it checked out.
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• (Loss mentioned) I haven't had Mirena, just BCPs and my cycle was completely wonky for about 6 mo. after stopping. But once it became regular again, I was taking my "regular" cycle for granted, and quit temping and using OPKs a while ago. Then I was a little nuts last week during TWW because AF was late, I had a few BFNs, and I read a post about CD1 starting on first full flow day and not a spotting day (I usually get 2-3). So I changed my start dates in my tracking app for the past 3 months. Then I saw/remembered AF was early last month (maybe due to taking Vitex), so it's back on track this month.

I realized after months of an intense BD schedule based on a (probably) wrong OV window, we're wasting time. So I started temping again and will test LH this cycle. I ordered a ton of Easy@Home cheap LH and HCG tests so I won't hesitate about wasting tests (I used 3 different brands when I had CP, and these worked great - especially for watching HCG lines grow darker daily). I haven't used the LH strips, though. I have only used Clearblue digital.

Sorry for the long ramble. I hope you're feeling better, Knottie. And hopefully the cycle length will even out soon.

• Well, I called Drs office. They said if I don't get it within a week, to call back and they'll do blood work to see wtf is going on. I'm probably just stressed. Right now my job is making me ready to lose my mind...
  • @Knottie16743552 I'm so sorry you're feeling stressed. Sending creepy internet hugs xo >:D<
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Knottie16743552 sorry things are so wonky for you! I had a Mirena a couple of years ago after my 3yo was born. I guess my body didn't want it because at the beginning of this year I had a horrible period that lasted over 7 days, went to ER and they said the Mirena was pretty much gone. Disappeared! Whose body does that? Anyway, I wasn't TTC at the time but I do know since then my shortest cycle has been 23 days and my longest has been 37. I never really tracked AF before that. I still wonder what in the world happened to my Mirena. GYN checked and couldn't find it either. Weird....

Hugs and prayers to you and keep us posted!
  • I'm sorry things are so stressful right now. Going things get better very soon, and that you don't have to wait a whole week before you figure out what's happening.
  • I finally got AF today. I was as excited a preteen after reading Are You There God, It's Me Margaret 8->

I'm just ready to hopefully get back to normal...
  • Glad you got AF and hoping next cycle is normal for you!
    Loved me some Judy Blume as a kid. :x
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers