April 2016 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change

******* For Those Who Start New Weeks on Wednesday ***********

Week:

Symptoms:

Rants/Raves/Stories:

Questions for the group?

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season?
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change

• Week: 8

Symptoms: Nausea comes and goes, I still smell EVERYTHING, I am very particular about what I eat, and I blubber and cry at the drop of a hat

Rants/Raves/Stories: Started school with students Monday...middle schoolers smell...I knew this before but my smell is ridiculous and it's making me crazy

Questions for the group?None

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season? Ohio State for college (national champs!) and Eagles NFL!
  • Week: 7

Symptoms: insomnia, exhausted, getting the chills, starting to get little waves of nausea which is new territory for me

Rants/Raves/Stories: I have my first appointment today. I feel like I have a million questions and I had none with DS.

Questions for the group? Anyone else have sudden chills like they have a fever? It's been happening for a week or so and Google makes me think it's pretty normal but it's not something I've seen many people mention.

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season? E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!! Yay @imrachellea another birds fan!
  • Loading the player...
  • Week: 9

Symptoms: still exhausted, still sore boobs, incredibly moody and sense of smell has taken off. I made DH change DS's shirt the other day because I swore it smelled like puke (even though he hadn't puked on it or anything.) I blamed SIL's weak laundry detergent ;)

Rants/Raves/Stories: Terrible twos + pregnancy hormones = miserable mommy

Questions for the group?

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season? Pats!!!!!! #FreeBrady

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• @MrsCayEye I'm 7 weeks today also and have been experiencing the chills like with a fever. Even took my temp once just to make sure I didn't really have a fever. I also go from freezing to so hot in minutes. Definitely think its normal but driving me crazy. Lol
  • @runningwild I took my temp too bc I was convinced I was getting sick. Good to know I'm not the only one with this weirdo symptom lol.

• Week: 9!! Yay!

Symptoms: Doing pretty good the past few days but I am tired of eating all. day. long!!!

Rants/Raves/Stories: Yesterday my 3.5yr old son randomly walked up to me and said "I'm so excited for my baby! It's going to be so cute!!"

Questions for the group?

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season? I'm actually not into sports at all... Like seriously.

• Week: 9!

Symptoms: Just freaking exhausted. Also starting to get up at night to pee.

Rants/Raves/Stories: Babe is officially a fetus as of today! And I've seen the HB twice which makes me happy. Alsoooo, my sonoline B fetal Doppler comes today!!

Questions for the group?

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season? College: Kansas State NFL: Texans! I'm really just looking forward to baseball postseason and my boys in blue though!! Go Royals!

3 miscarriages - 1 DS (6) - 1 DD (3)  - #3 due March 30!

• @CCLow87- What fetal doppler did you order? And will it work as early as 9 weeks?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • CCLow87 said:

Week: 9!

Symptoms: Just freaking exhausted. Also starting to get up at night to pee.

Rants/Raves/Stories: Babe is officially a fetus as of today! And I've seen the HB twice which makes me happy. Alsoooo, my sonoline B fetal Doppler comes today!!

Questions for the group?

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season? College: Kansas State NFL: Texans! I'm really just looking forward to baseball postseason and my boys in blue though!! Go Royals!

Let me know if you can hear the heartbeat this early! I'm toying with the idea...

Symptoms: Still minimal, which freaks me out. Mildly sore breasts when I wake up, lots of hunger in the morning, but that's about it.

Rants/Raves/Stories: heading over to London tomorrow and a bit apprehensive since my last US left me with some concerns.... Praying for smooth sailing!

Questions for the group? For you ladies in the 8th week or higher , do you still have mild cramps? How often? The last time I felt them was last Friday at 7w 2 d, nothing since. I freak out when I cramp, and then freak out when I don't cramp!!!! Lol.

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season?
    I know nothing about American football.... I'm Brazilian so I only follow the "real" football :) hehe
  • @JCfirsttimemama Sonoline B - My doctors office actually invested in these after I brought mine in. In all the birth circles I've been in, they've been the go to choice for dopplers!

@thaisac1 Will do!! I picked up DDs with it around the 8w mark as did my doctor (only BC I told him I'd already found it,. Or he wouldn't have tried) so I'm hopeful but not expecting anything.

• CCLow87 said:

@JCfirsttimemama Sonoline B - My doctors office actually invested in these after I brought mine in. In all the birth circles I've been in, they've been the go to choice for dopplers!

@thaisac1 Will do!! I picked up DDs with it around the 8w mark as did my doctor (only BC I told him I'd already found it,. Or he wouldn't have tried) so I'm hopeful but not expecting anything.

Ok I'm nearly convinced. Maybe I'll order one after my next appointment on sept 9.... The last time I tried this was in medical school , we're talking 1997-1998 or so, and I only tried in women in their 2nd and 3rd trimesters... I'm impressed you can pick up so early! I thought the uterus is still behind the pelvic bone in the first Tri? Maybe after a few pregnancies it grows faster?
  • Week: 8!

Symptoms: mild nausea on and off throughout the day. I also am either crazy hungry or can't eat anything at all, there seems to be no in between. Oh, and super tired.

Rants/raves: I'm getting annoyed really easily lately with almost everything (luckily except my daughter). But driving is making me crazy, I think everyone has become a horrible driver in the past few days

Questions: none right now

Cheering for: steelers for pro and Michigan for college, go blue!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Week: 7

Symptoms: Extreme fatigue, food aversions and random waves of nausea. I am literally falling asleep as soon as I get home from work around 7:30ish. Thank God DH is being a good sport and handling bath/bed for our 3 boys right now.

Rants/Raves/Stories: My 4 year old told me last night that he doesn't want another baby, totally made me cry. We planned to announce at his birthday party in mid September so I may be re-thinking that plan now. 

Questions for the group? none at the moment

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season? Alabama Crimson Tide!!!!! Not NFL fans.
    Me & DH - 2009
    Gone but not forgotten: Identical twin boys born at 23 weeks - 2004 
    DS1 - 2010
    DS2 - 2012
    DS3 - 2014
    Surprise # 4 due April 2016!! It's a GIRL.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Week: 6 weeks

Symptoms: nausea, exhaustion, cramps, and I have the chills and hot flashes too. I get especially chilled when I am really tired.

Rants/Raves/Stories: My second son (almost 4) wants a baby cow, not a baby brother or sister.

Questions for the group? When do y'all plan on telling families?

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season? College: Oklahoma State Cowboys. NFL I don't really care.
  • Week: 6

Symptoms: got pregnant from first round of IVF, but ended up with OHSS. NO FUN! Extremely bloated and look 6 months pregnant already (not exaggerating!).

Rants/Raves/Stories: it's twins! Never been more happy/sad/scared/excited!

Questions for the group? Any other IVF mommies?

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season? College: Texas A&M, NFL: JJ WATT!!....I mean, go Texans!
  • kpohl11 said:

Week: 6

Symptoms: got pregnant from first round of IVF, but ended up with OHSS. NO FUN! Extremely bloated and look 6 months pregnant already (not exaggerating!).

Rants/Raves/Stories: it's twins! Never been more happy/sad/scared/excited!

Questions for the group? Any other IVF mommies?

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season? College: Texas A&M, NFL: JJ WATT!!....I mean, go Texans!

I'm pregnant from my first round of IVF too. :) but just one baby (I have poor ovarian reserve so only made 2 follicles, 2 eggs retrieved, and only 1 fertilized and transferred back to me on day 2).
  • @KHouz we told our parents & siblings last week.
  •  
    Week:  8

Symptoms:  Very tired and some nausea. 

Rants/Raves/Stories: DD started sleeping with me (DH works nights) in May when she became sick for 3 weeks and she's never gone back and I now want her out and I'm too tired at night to try.  She comes in after an hour in her room- and I really thought I was going to take her back last night but I didn't.  I'm so exhausted by the end of the day that I'm afraid I'll have a NB waking me up every 2 hours and DD in bed with me still. I let her cry once for 15 min and she was hyperventilating and I felt so bad. Any suggestions would be great. 

Questions for the group? Who else hasn't had an appt with dr. yet- and can't wait?  I had my nurse appt 2w ago but still have 2w until u/s.  I just want to make sure the baby is growing in there.  Had m/c at 11w before DD and I can't stop worrying.

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season?  Bears fan!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• @thaisac1 My cramping is less than it was before but I did have it today after not having any for a few days.  I'm sure it's normal.  :)

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Week: 6

Symptoms: Horrible morning sickness 20 hours of the day! :( Sore boobies, exhaustion & SUPER emotional. Hoping this little bean is planning on sticking around since my symptoms are so strong this time around. Fingers crossed! 

Rants/Raves/Stories: My youngest "baby" is 14 so I feel like this is my first pregnancy all over again! :) 

Questions for the group? None yet

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season? Chargers! #BoltUp 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kt012885 my first appointment isn't until 9/21 and it's killing me having to wait that long! Especially since I have about a million questions regarding my health situation and it's affect on this pg and the baby.
  • kt012885 said:

Week:  8

Symptoms:  Very tired and some nausea. 

Rants/Raves/Stories: DD started sleeping with me (DH works nights) in May when she became sick for 3 weeks and she's never gone back and I now want her out and I'm too tired at night to try.  She comes in after an hour in her room- and I really thought I was going to take her back last night but I didn't.  I'm so exhausted by the end of the day that I'm afraid I'll have a NB waking me up every 2 hours and DD in bed with me still. I let her cry once for 15 min and she was hyperventilating and I felt so bad. Any suggestions would be great. 

Questions for the group? Who else hasn't had an appt with dr. yet- and can't wait?  I had my nurse appt 2w ago but still have 2w until u/s.  I just want to make sure the baby is growing in there.  Had m/c at 11w before DD and I can't stop worrying.

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season?  Bears fan!

Can you switch your DD to a toddler bed (if she doesn't already have one) and make a really big deal about it and make it super exciting for her? How would she react if someone besides you put her back in her room? 

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• @thaisac1 - I picked it up this morning at 9w1d. It won't let me upload a video though. Dang!

• CCLow87 said:

@thaisac1 - I picked it up this morning at 9w1d. It won't let me upload a video though. Dang!

So cool!!!! Maybe I'll order one after I come back from my trip.
  • @KDHB13 She's been in a toddler bed since June- and that's why she keeps finding her way to our room at night.  :)  We are making her room the nursery for the baby and moving her in a couple months to our old room with a full or queen bed so that'll be new to her.  So I'm hoping to make that a big deal and maybe that'll work???  Thanks for your advice!

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kt012885 You are brave! I'm terrified to switch to the toddler bed. DS is staying in his crib as long as humanly possible! Meaning yes, I'm buying a second crib for this baby. But I buy them at Ikea, so it's not so bad price-wise.

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• @KDHB13 We're buying a second crib too! We may not actually change anything until after the baby comes though, because he/she will be in our room at least for a couple months. I want to make a big deal to DD about her getting a new room that is bigger and purple (the nursery is aqua and pink, but her favorite color is purple) and probably has Minnie Mouse...but there is no way that kid is going to be in a regular bed until she actually grows out of her crib. So we may buy a crib that converts to a full size bed for her new big girl room and give the crib we have to the new baby. Let the hand me downs begin!
  • @KDHB13DD was ready to move to the toddler bed- she hated her crib (would scream anytime I put her in there).  Also we potty trained her a few months back and she gets up to pee at night.  So my thought was she'd get up and go since she had a toddler bed but she gets up and goes from our bed instead.  ;) 

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

Symptoms: All day nausea (not enough to vomit, but just enough to annoy me). Sore breasts and bloating. Oh! And I'm either starving or feed like I'm going to pop. No in between!

Rants/Raves/Stories: My SO is my boyfriend and I am over being told we HAVE to get married before the baby. This was a surprise for us and we are over the moon excited, but not at the place we feel we need to get married. If it happens before the baby arrives it'll be our choice and we are happy with that. I just wish that wasn't his parents' initial question every time we get together.

Questions for the group? None yet. I'm sure there will be some as this is my first :)

GTKY: Who are you cheering for this football season? I cheer for whoever my friends want if I'm around for a game. I don't care about watching sports (I'd rather play) but I'm all for group excitement.
  • @MrsCayEye I have had the chills since very early In my pregnancy. It was actually one of my telltale pregnancy signs :) hope that makes you feel better!