TTC After a Loss
Options

No Rubella Immunity

Did anyone else have a test for rubella immunity last pregnancy? I got tested and it revealed I have no immunity. I was supposed to get a booster after I gave birth but with everything that happened have forgotten. Now I'm planning on starting trying next cycle but I've read I will need 2 shots, 4 weeks apart, and you can't conceive until 4 weeks afterwards. I dont know if I want to wait that long. Has anyone else had low/no immunity on the test? Should I just delay pregnancy or delay the vaccine?

Little boy due July 31st 2016

Re: No Rubella Immunity

• Options
    I would highly recommend Delay ttc until you've had the booster. Rubella is very very dangerous for the baby while you are pregnant. It causes very devastating birth defects.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    I came back with no immunity; however, I just got one MMR shot and there wasn't any talk of anything more than that. I would call your doctor over reading that stuff online and worrying. GL.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I also got the blood results back with no immunity. I got my MMR shot but didn't get the booster for it (I forgot about it). So I would deffinitely get this done. 

Me: 30
    Hubs: 31
    Married: 05/04/2013
    BFP#1: Natural Loss; 8/12/14
    BFP#2: D&C 3/7/15

Chart Stalk:

• Options
    I had to terminate my 4 month pregnancy because I got Rubella in May. Get the shots!!!!!! Trust me, you can wait a few more weeks.
  • Options
    Omg im soo sorry for your lose. Turns out I have retained tissues so im off for my second d&c so it doesn't matter anymore

• Options
    Yes. I had to get MMR shot as well. But that was it. I had the series of MMR shots previously as a child. They did tell me not to ttc until atleast a month after, which was fine for us since dr. recommended waiting a little longer because of m/c anyway. Good luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    Ask them for the MMR
  • Options
    I got the mmr vaccine. My gp said 1 month, my midwife said 3 months. I've read heaps of literature and clinical trials and I'm going to wait 1 month. It will work out better with my job to wait a month. Im a teacher and if I did get pregnant first try then i would be leaving in the middle of semester. Plus hopefully my retained tissue will pass by itself.