Trying to Get Pregnant

Temping during period

For some reason I thought you didn't have to temp during your period, but I just looked back at my old charts from when I TTC my first and it looks like I did.  I tried to find info on the FF site but its apparently having issues right now and won't load the FAQ page :( 

I got my period two days ago and have not temped yet, is it ok to start now or will that screw things up?  

TIA

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Temping during period

• XmomX said:

For some reason I thought you didn't have to temp during your period, but I just looked back at my old charts from when I TTC my first and it looks like I did.  I tried to find info on the FF site but its apparently having issues right now and won't load the FAQ page :( 

I got my period two days ago and have not temped yet, is it ok to start now or will that screw things up?  

TIA
    I temp during my period, to stay in the habit. But I've seen people who dont. I suppose it's up to you.

• I don't temp during it. I don't see the point, really. Gives me a break from worrying about it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Loading the player...
  • Lulucooks said:

XmomX said:

TIA
    I temp during my period, to stay in the habit. But I've seen people who dont. I suppose it's up to you.
    Esp if you're temping vaginally...

Me (31) & DH (35) #DFDubClub
    TTC since August 2013 - Break: Jan-June 2014
    Everything looks good on me so far.  Going in for U/S in Oct just to be absolutely sure everything is good.
    SA for DH pending.
  • edited August 2015
    I don't usually temp during AF as my temps are usually higher during that time. If not temping during AF will throw you off then stick with it.

To answer your question nothing will be screwed up if you start temping now ;) it's still early in your cycle

edit: words are hard
  • LulucooksLulucooks member
    edited August 2015

Lulucooks said:

XmomX said:

TIA
    Oh yeah! Mines oral temping so it's easy peasy to continue.

• Lulucooks said:

Lulucooks said:

XmomX said:

TIA
    Oh yeah! Mines oral temping so it's easy peasy to continue.
    Same here! If I stop, I'll get out of the habit

Me (31) & DH (35) #DFDubClub
    TTC since August 2013 - Break: Jan-June 2014
    Everything looks good on me so far.  Going in for U/S in Oct just to be absolutely sure everything is good.
    SA for DH pending.
  • I temp vaginally so I do not temp during my period. It also give me a break and allows me to sleep in without waking up in the middle of the night.
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• I never take a break. I'm always afraid of missing vital information!

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• I temp during my period, but one of my periods coincided with us going out of town so I didn't bother to temp on those days (we were in another time zone, too annoying).  It didn't seem to make much of a difference either way.  I agree with PP, my temps are always higher during my period so it's kind of irrelevant.  I just temp when I wake up, I don't wake myself up to temp, but if I was waking myself up just to temp I definitely would not do it during my period.  I hate waking up in the morning.
  • not temping during my period, it's nice to not have to set the alarm when it falls on a weekend
    Me: 29
    The Mr.: 31
    EDD: 6/2/16
    Furbabies: 3 rescue dogs
  • I temp during my period just to keep in the habit :)
    Me: 27 
    Love of my life: 41 
    Step-mother to an amazing 13-year-old boy 
    TTC starting August 2015