Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Potty Training

My DS turns 2 this week and he has shown lots of interest in potty training and we will try now and then but haven't pushed it at all.  Last week he started telling us a lot that he either went poopy or has to go poopy but hasn't gone on the toilet for me yet.  I think it is a good start but just wondering if any of you have any helpful tips for keeping them entertained on the potty long enough to actually do the deed.  He will get up there or on the training potty and do one grunt and then say "I don't want to mommy or all done."  But it seems like shortly after we give it that short try he does end up going in his diaper so it is like he is starting to recognize the sensation of it coming on but hasn't figured out or wants to go enough on the potty.  Tips??

Re: Potty Training

• Options
    At that age you really need to catch them in the act of peeing and then calmly and quickly get them to the potty to make the connection. I suggest lots of naked time at home. You need to be totally focused on him and not distracted my phones, TV, etc to catch it.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I would just follow his lead. If he is showing interest and asking, put him on the pot whether he goes or not.