April 2015 Moms
Options

Bumbo and Exersaucer

My baby is 4 months today. She is holding her head up pretty good (still a little wobbly), lifts it well during tummy time and has rolled over from her belly to back many times! She still cannot sit in a bumbo seat or Exersaucer. I'm worried she is behind! Just wondered if other babies could do it!

Re: Bumbo and Exersaucer

• Options
    My baby can sit in an exersaucer (with a blanket stuffed around for extra support), but hasn't rolled yet. Each baby is different. Have you had LO's 4 month check up yet? If the doctor isn't worried, I wouldn't worry either.
  • Options
    My baby is the exact same. He cannot yet sit in a bumbo seat or exersaucer (4 months 1 week). We stuff a blanket in the exersaucer so he can sit in it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use the bumbo almost daily. 15lb DS can sit in it without any blankets stuffed in there. 11lb DD needs a thick blanket behind her. Both require lots of supervision & adjustments but are getting better each day. Our excersaucer is huge & requires excellent neck control so we haven't gotten to do that one much yet.
  • Options
    My LO has had excellent head control for quite some time now but can't roll at all, all babies develop differently :)
  • Options
    borgie05borgie05 member
    edited August 2015
    My son is on the small side, but he is very strong and has excellent head and neck control. We actually currently only have an exersaucer, though I do plan to get him a Bumbo soon. He can sit in the exersaucer without a blanket.... Although I do have to position him leaning forward so he can reach the toys! He plays for a bit and when he gets tired I take him out. I never put him in there unsupervised though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is 15 weeks, we got him a Bumbo on the weekend, he sits perfectly in it.
  • Options
    Sitting up is really more of a six month skill. Don't feel stressed if your baby isn't there yet.