Babies on the Brain

It's happening.

The health kick has started. I cut back drinking as of last Saturday - I enjoyed a fabulous open bar, Monday starting prenatal vitamins (whaaaat?!), and Monday evening we are having an elliptical delivered to get the bod back in shape.

Any encouragement? Anyone else starting prenatals soon? December will creep in on us before we know it!

Re: It's happening.

• I have been taking prenatal vitamins since mid July, and I've also cut back drinking. I'm cutting back on caffeine as well.

Congrats on getting an elliptical! That'll definitely help.  I've been trying to stay in shape, as my doctor suggested.  She said to do lots of walking and to continue any moderate exercise I've been doing.

The best thing is knowing that all the things we're doing is preparing us for hopefully an amazing gift!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I just started prenatal vitamins on Tuesday! Idk why, but it was oddly exciting. Friday was my last day of BC. My DH and I are starting to eat healthier and I'm hitting the road again to work out. I have a mudderella next month so I bettwr get in shape for that! We are starting TTC in a few weeks, want to be in better shape by the time I get pregnant though. Good luck to you, and I'm slightly jealous about the elliptical! :)
    Me: 28 & DH: 27

Married: 11/23/14

TTC#1: Sept 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • The elliptical has been a long time coming. I'm really hoping it doesn't collect dust, but I'm extremely motivated (TTC and hopefully a pregnancy will do that to a person). I'm also hoping it comes in handy during pregnancy, because walking outside in the possible heat of Texas is a joke.

Good luck to y'all who plan on TTC soon! I'm extremely happy for y'all!!
  • Hmmm, I should probably start in September, thanks for the reminder! That will be three months out from the earliest possible start date. Exciting!
  • @Xstatic3333 right? September is right around the corner. We got this!
  • That's awesome that you are making some healthy changes!  I totally agree with starting prenatals being weirdly exciting.  I've been taking them for a few weeks now even though we won't start trying for at least a few months...can't hurt right?

In the past few years I've transitioned to a healthier lifestyle gradually, and I think that's how I know I'm ready to be pregnant and be a mama. A few years ago, the thought of not drinking at all and limiting my caffeine intake sounded horrible!  But now I'm down to just one small morning cup of coffee (which I've heard is ok when you're pregnant) and a few glasses of wine on the weekend that I won't mind cutting out.

Even though "the wait" is hard, this is a good reminder that I can use this time to get my body as healthy, fit, and relaxed as possible!  Good luck!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Yay!! I am about to start prenatals as soon as I remember to go pick some up! Haha. I've been on a pretty big health kick for about a year and a half. Last year, my fitness trainer insisted that a few of us girls try out the Palio diet. It was hard at first, but ended up being totally worth it. I felt so much better. Clean eating is the way to go! I don't always follow it 100% but I try to the majority of the time. Can't believe TTC time is getting so close. Now all we can do is hurry up and wait.
  • I started pre-natals a couple weeks ago! YAY! Happy to report that they aren't killing my stomach (I always take them with a meal). Going to start TTC in October now, so pumped! My friend and I are starting to jog this week (eek, so long since I've ran!). 
  • Hi! So exciting! I started taking prenatals a few weeks ago and starting to cut back in caffeine which is hard but I'm doing it in baby steps lol
    I'm also starting my diet this week so I can be body ready by December/January
    I know it's seems like the months are already going by so fast !