Pregnant after IF
Options

Intro with stupid question!

Hey ladies, I've been lurking here for weeks, but mainly stay active on my BMB.

I am 8 weeks pregnant after my first IVF with ICSI. We have a whole rainbow or issues:
Insulin resistant PCOS
Stage 4 Endo
1 hydro tube removed
1 blocked tube
Plus 4% morph!
Together we make an awesome pair of infertility!
However, I'm only 33 and had a high egg quality and quantity, so after 3 surgeries IVF seems to have been our answer.

Anyway, this is probably a stupid question I need to ask my RE, but I thought maybe I could try here first. I tried searching, but didn't find anything exactly like my situation.

I had OHSS after getting pregnant (didn't know that could happen) doctor said my ovaries had started to go down in size, but there are 2 cysts on both ovaries that are still rather big. Should I be concerned about this affecting my pregnancy? Beside severe lower back pain, and some abdominal swelling my symptoms have been mild.
I'm just concerned that maybe I should be concerned. My doctor seemed pretty laid back, so I didn't think to ask him any more at that time, but I can call him in the morning if you ladies think it best.

Sorry for rambling! I was just so excited to see that heartbeat my own health didn't matter in that moment!

Re: Intro with stupid question!

• Options
    I'm not terribly knowledgable on this, but my understanding is that ovarian cysts during pregnancy are usually harmless. Your doctor will probably keep an eye on them in case of rupture, etc, but if your doctor isn't concerned then you probably don't need to drive yourself crazy worrying about it. I'm a huge advocate of asking questions and don't care if my questions might sound stupid (I would rather have peace of mind!), so definitely bring it up to your doctor. In any case, congratulations! Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy :)
  • Options
    Thank you!
    I feel silly for being too excited to think of the question while I was in the office, but I'm sure they are used to it.

After continuing to think, and your reply, I'm positive I'll call first thing in the AM.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate when I do that!! I always forget at least one question to ask. I agree I think they just like to keep an eye on the ovaries but it is very normal to have a cyst (usually from ovulation). good luck and remember only stress of the dr is stressing!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options
    I agree I dont think any question is stupid and if it is oh well at least I will have peace of mind.  Congrats and Good Luck!
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Girls! You are the reason I love this site!
  • Options
    I didn't have a diagnosis of OHSS, but I did have a lot of cysts on both sides that I could tell were there. I am almost 14 weeks pregnant my ovaries are still a little big. Each time I got an ultrasound they would look at and measure my ovaries. So far no problems. Good luck and I hope the same is true for you.
  • Options
    I had OHSS with a large amount of fluid retention and it was miserable. It took a few weeks (and a cancelled trip to FL since I was not allowed to fly) to pass. I had enlarged ovaries through the first trimester. But I'm a success story - I just had two healthy babies! Good luck!
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15