Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Confused about hormones

Hi guys!

If I could get your opinions, that would be great.

I had two positive early response tests, and I missed period, so I assumed I was pregnant. Yay!

I went to the OB last week but their urine test was negative, the did a blood test (which was also negative), but decided to do an ultrasound since I was having some pain and bloating and there was baby, 7 weeks 4 days, right on track. If they hadn't done the ultrasound they wouldn't have even thought I was pregnant.

So, why are the tests negative? I've really freaked myself out. There is < 3 hcg in my blood. Am I doomed to miscarry? Am I just a freak who doesn't have the hcg hormone?

(I also have an autoimmune disease, so one theory of the doctor was that maybe my body doesn't process hormones the same so it wasn't detected. Is that even possible??)

Re: Confused about hormones

• Options
    I have no idea. What do the Doctors say? Do they think you will miscarry? (I sure hope not!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    That's very strange that you'd have < 3 hCG, but a baby who's measuring at 7w4d. I assume you actually saw the sac and fetal pole -- did you hear a heartbeat?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never heard of that so definitely keep us posted.
  • Options
    Update: hpt come up positive with first morning urine only. My feeling is that the blood test must have been faulty :/ Praying for the best, I go back to the OB next week.

Thanks for the responses! There was a heartbeat on the ultrasound :)
  • Options
    I also have a history of mc. Six in total
  • Options
    I had the same thing with pregnancy tests! Had 5 days worth of positive ones at home, but then doctors office ones came up negative! They told me to come back 2 days later (2 more days of positive home ones) and then another negative! Blood test showed low hcg of 269, so they said that's what might've caused the negatives. Hcg went up to 3010 in a week and then 19,000 a week later, but US at 6 weeks 1 day showed no baby! So weird that your hcg is so low, but if you saw baby and heartbeat, that is a good sign. Good luck, I know the waiting sucks!