Late Term and Child Loss

Intro and question

Hi everyone. I wanted to introduce myself. I delivered my daughter 10 days ago at 20w3d. Her name is Cora. Cora had a severe cystic hygroma, hydrops and Turner syndrome. My husband and I currently have a 16 month old at home as well.

I do have a question for you ladies that I wanted to get your opinion on. I bled for about a week nothing too serious. I completely stopped for about 2 days and then started again today. Pretty heavily. Not soaking a pad an hour but still pretty heavy. Normal? Cause for concern?

Thanks ladies. Feel free to ask any questions about my situation if you want to know more.

Re: Intro and question

• I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter Cora. I would recommend calling your doctor about the bleeding. Thinking of you - we are here for you. ((Hugs))
  • Hi Junebug. I am so sorry you are here. I lost my son at 22 weeks and he had a cystic hygroma and hydrops as well. I agree with calling your doctor, but at 22 weeks my doctors told me to expect to bleed off and on for between 2 and 6 weeks. Cora is a beautiful name.
    ***Siggy Warning Child and Loss***

Officially diagnosed with unexplained infertility after 4 years of TTC
    IUI#2 gave us DS#1 who became an angel a few minutes after birth from Noonan syndrome
    IUI#4 gave us DS#2 - going strong as a toddler!

TTC again... Found a clinical trial for unexplained infertility and finished 16 weeks of "lifestyle intervention"
    Cycle #1 - cancelled for ovarian cyst x3...
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss of Cara and that you are joining us here. Our son was still born at 31 weeks and I bleed for 5 weeks, and then had my first postpartum period at 6 weeks. I think what you are experiencing is pretty normal, but a quick call to the doctor is probably a good idea to confirm. ((Hugs)). Know that we are here whenever you need us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I'm so very sorry for your loss. My bleeding was like that too, it would go for days, then stop, then start again. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• I lost my son 18 days ago and after not bleeding for about 4 days, I've started bleeding again today, it's normal due to fluctuating hormones. If you are concerned call your doctor just to be safe. Cora will forever live in your heart and she's a precious little angel.
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• So sorry for your loss.
    I lost my son at 22 weeks 4 days. It was the worst day of my life. I think if the bleeding is not heavy it's normal. I stopped for a couple days myself and then the blood returned bright red but my doc said it was fine.
  • What a beautiful name! I just wanted to send hugs and I am so sorry for your loss. I have no words of wisdom to share as my situation is very different.

Married my rock - April 29, 2011
    BFP - June 4, 2011 EDD February 3, 2012
    Super T born @ 37 weeks - January 13, 2012
    Super T diagnosed with stage IV high risk Neuroblastoma nmyc-amp - January 2, 2013
    Super T cancer free - June 19, 2013
    Super T relapsed - January 2, 2014
    Super T earned his angel wings - January 3, 2014

TTC for #2 beginning November 2014
    BFP #2 - Chemical Pregnancy - Confirmed May 29, 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS; HSG - Clear; SA - Clear
    Clomid #1 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #2 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #3 - BFP 11/10/15 - EDD 07/14/16

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers