September 2015 Moms
Options

The H word... Any advice??

mrsbhill15mrsbhill15 member
edited August 2015 in September 2015 Moms
I am 34 weeks and having the worst time with hemorrhoids! My doctor said to use over the counter creams but I'm weird about using or taking anything with my pregnancy (I won't even take a Tylenol for headaches) so I looked up some home remedies.
Would it be safe to use vitamin e oil or aloe on the affected area? I have both capsules and a bottle of vitamin e oil and I also have an aloe plant. I really just need some kind of relief. (Sorry tmi)

Re: The H word... Any advice??

• Options
    I use witch hazel, for me it burns at first but gives immediate relief.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, those would both be fine. Coconut oil might also be helpful. Increasing hydration and fiber can soften things up, which makes passing stool less traumatic to the area. I hope you get some relief!
  • Options
    Tucks Pads with witch hazel really help provide relief. Also, don't use toilet paper to wipe after a BM ... use a baby wipe (for sensitive skin) instead.

If you're having problems with constipation, Colace does wonders. I only had to take one pill for two days and it totally helped!
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick replies! I am going to try the vitamin e oil and see how that goes... I don't have any witch hazel around the house and I am trying to save my hubby from a late night trip to get some.
  • Options
    I can't live with out my preparation h and tucks! I can't mess around with trying to home remedy a hemorrhoid, too painful. You are stronger than I am!
    @J0C0TX I sang a nice rendition of "This Girl is on Fire" to my SO after my last trip to the bathroom...
  • Options
    Tucks pads, preparation H, and stool softeners. That was a fun trip to the pharmacy!
  • Options
    This isn't for the hemmorhoids themselves, but I would try prune juice to make sure you're regular.  You can get organic prune juice (tastes MUCH better than the normal super sweet stuff) and drink 1/4 cup in the am and then again in the pm to help with going to the bathroom.  I was doing that until I got diagnosed with GD and now I do the Phillips Milk of Magnesia every couple of days which has been a godsend.  I prefer prune juice, but it messes too much with my sugar and the doctor said that Milk of Magnesia is fine and that it was more important to control my sugar than not take a very mild laxative.  

On the actual hemorhoid side, I agree with the suggestions for the Tuck's witch hazel!
  • Options
    kkerner87kkerner87 member
    edited August 2015
    I had a thombrose hemi back in June. Honestly, worst pain ever. I couldn't escape it. I couldn't sleep, sit, walk or anything. Unfortunately there is no fix that will take it away instantly. Have your doc call in a RX cream (way better than any over the counter creams). Take warm (not hot) baths and use the tucks pads. Use Colace! It REALLY helps making bowel movements much easier. I heard surgery go remove them is way more painful and take longer to heal than just letting them run their corse. Good luck. I know they're absolutely dreadful and its unfortunately one of those things you have to grin and bare.
  • Options
    Ladies, I am one of many with this issue as well.... They aren't extremely bad but they are there...
    I am worried about bleeding out more during delivery if I rip or tear or get cut? Is this a rational fear? I am on blood thinners (stop at 36weeks, so in a week from now) but still.... Are we going to lose more blood because of H?
  • Options
    @JBelanger2015 don't worry about the blood thinners. Sounds like your issue is controlled. I have to use my blood thinners up to delivery and my Drs are not worried a lot
  • Options
    I just went through a horrible horrible hemorrhoid. Given I had 3 already that weren't too bad this one blew up to about the size of a medium small tomato. Nothing really worked until I used an essential oil remedy. There are only 2 companies that I know are 100% pure. I'm sure there are others. I used geranium, lavender, and Cypress. I swear I upped the frankincense and it shrunk it in 3 days. I used with hazel after every bm and took sitz baths about 3x a day. I hope this helps. Now I just use the witch hazel after bm's

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP December 1, 2014
    MC -  December 15, 2014