Philadelphia Babies

Delivering at Abington Memorial

This will be my first baby, due in Feb. I'm beginning to think about a birth plan and am wondering if anyone delivered an Abington Hospital and whether they are accommodating to various plans...nothing crazy, I just want to be able to walk around, sit on a ball, take a hot shower to relax, etc IF I feel like that's what my body wants--all remains to be seen of course, but would they accommodate these wishes?

Re: Delivering at Abington Memorial

• I delivered there in August '13 and will be again in Feb. They let me take a hot shower and walk around but I think I had to stay in labor and delivery. I am pretty sure they would have let me take a ball but I forgot it at home.
  • I've had 2 c/s at Abington. My first was a failed induction for which I had high hopes of a natural delivery. I labored on a ball and walked but no shower since I was hooked up to pitocin. It didn't progress after 36 hours so... But everyone was great and supportive of me doing what I wanted.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @PTmama199 I will be delivering at Abington too in February! I've heard great things about them so its reassuring to hear more positive feedback about them.
  • Awesome, thanks so much ladies!! See you in L&D!