February 2015 Moms
Options

Feeling Guilty

Greetings All:

My daughter will be six months old when I go back to work and I am feeling super guilty leaving her. I also have a 9 year old that I went back to work part time with when he was 6 weeks old. Feels like the longer I'm here, the more guilty I feel. Anyone else?

Re: Feeling Guilty

• Options
    I went back when my son was 3 months old. Honestly the worst part was the time leading up to the day I went back. I felt beyond guilty and all my mind did was race. The day I went back I was horribly sad but it gets a little better as time goes on. You'll be okay!
  • Options
    Thank you for the vote of confidence! I didn't anticipate feeling so badly, especially since I've done it before!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally normal. You'll feel better once you go back and get a few days under your belt. I cried and cried and cried. So what your feeling I'm sure all of us working moms have felt before. Hang in there.
  • Options
    Mine started at 3 months as well in daycare and to this day at 7 months I still feel so bad and I'm missing out on moments with her...everyday of the week is hectic until the weekends...I feel bad for even spending an hour alone at the gym trying to get back in shape:(
  • Options
    You are not alone.  Mine started child care at 3 months and is also 7 months now.  It is as hard for me to take him to daycare now as it was the first day I did it.  I shoulder so much guilt and resentment at having to work.  I've had some of the happiest moments of my life since having my son, but also some of the worst because I can't be home with him.
  • Options

Mine started at 3 months as well in daycare and to this day at 7 months I still feel so bad and I'm missing out on moments with her...everyday of the week is hectic until the weekends...I feel bad for even spending an hour alone at the gym trying to get back in shape:(

Yes. This.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• Options
    I went back to work when my son was 6 weeks old. I had no choice, but my mom and a friend were with him during the day while I worked. I didn't feel too guilty at the time. However, when I had the summer off (I'm a teacher) and had to go back at the end of the summer I felt huge amounts of guilt. It was really difficult for me, especially after I had so much time with him. So, I understand how you're feeling.