Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Glass bottles

Hi I'm visiting from jan 2016 and have a question if anyone has used glass bottles? I'm having my second child and have decided to use glass bottles this time around. I'm most likely exclusively pumping but on the off chance I'm able to nurse correctly (latch is good) I will need a bottle nipple like breast. I see a few different brands now make glass bottles. Just wondering if any are better for nursing and bottle feeding together?

Re: Glass bottles

• Options
    I have some Dr. Brown's glass bottles, but rarely use them.  I wasn't sure daycare would want glass so we went with the plastic instead for them.  They don't mimic the breast though, for that we have Tommie Tippie, but again they're plastic.  Luckily, both of my kids didn't have a problem switching between the different nipples/breast.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    ldmwldmw member
    I use born free glass bottles. Our daycare doesn't do glass so I have to send plastic there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!
  • Options
    I started out with some glass bottles from Dr Browns. Have to say I was underwhelmed and ended up switching to all plastic within a month. I have twins that I usually feed simultaneously and the glass was a lot heavier and bulky. Hard to hold both at once without strain. There were a few near misses where I almost bopped my LOs on the head when I fumbled them (especially when they start moving their hands more and knocking the bottles with them). With a singleton, I'm sure it's more manageable but be careful of multitasking while feeding.
  • Options
    I use Tommee Tippee glass and send the same brand to daycare but plastic.
  • Options
    My daughter is using Tommee Tippee glass bottles. Before we used Phillips avent glass but I like TT much better. They are easier for my DD to suck and the glass is not that heavy so they warm up faster. However, avent bottles are shock proof, I dropped mine many time onto hard surfaces and nothing happened. I am not sure how TT hadles shock but I read some bad reviews about Born Free bottles shattering. Also, I like glass bottles a lot better: 1) faster warming time 2)plastic bottlea begin to smell after somr time, especially when you start giving other liquids to the baby.
    Also, if you are going ti breastfeed I don't think any of these are good transitions. My daughter stopped taking the breast after taking bottles so I had to exlusively pump. When I started noticing that she is fussy around breast, I bought a Medela calma bottle and she started taking the breast again. However, there was a lot of leaking (once the baby sicks the milk will not go into the bottle) and I felt like she was to gassy so I switched to Kiinde nipples (they have a whole pumping system) . I liked those better and the gas was better but I felt like she was getting tired too fast and eating less. So I gave up and switched to Avent and then she stopped taking breast .