2nd Trimester
Options

What haven't you given up?

2»

Re: What haven't you given up?

• Options
    I haven't given up caffeine but I did cut it down to well under the 200mg limit. I'll still have the occasional tuna sandwich too.  
  • Options
    Sushi! It is my absolute favorite food. . I did cut out raw tuna but will still indulge in raw salmon. I crave it a lot so I feel like it's my body telling me something.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm drinking half-caf coffee. I guess I've been a rule follower. I don't have a problem with people drinking the occasional glass of wine, but I have not partaken. My liver needed the vacation!

What's wrong with hot dogs? I thought they just had to be thoroughly cooked. So I guess I haven't given those up. And if there's a hot dog issue why not bacon or sausage? Those are highly processed too, and I'm not giving up bacon!!
  • Options
    I've given up alcohol, but that's about it. I wasn't really a drinker before so it wasn't a big deal for me. I still drink coffee everyday, eat cold cut sandwiches and hotdogs. I was a pretty healthy eater before. I've had to give up 5K's and walking long distances recently because of pelvic girdle pain radiating to my back. I'm very lucky that I've had such an easy pregnancy so far with the only issue being heartburn, which Prilosec took care of, and PGP.
  • Options
    Alcohol, sushi and cold cuts are the 3 things I've given up. I still get my Starbucks especially it being pumpkin season now, I'll eat m&ms, I like jones soda, meat I've always done medium and other than shrimp, and sushi I'm not a big fish eater like salmon.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I have had everything in moderation. One glass of wine, turkey sandwiches every week, a pumpkin spice frap everyday (the only caffeine I drink), one night of sushi, and Caesar salads when I feel like them. This was all after I spoke with my doctor and she said it all was ok into second trimester and as long as it's all in moderation. Also I eat ALL cheeses. In California it is illegal to serve unpasteurized cheese. Same with eggs so I don't have to worry about that. I also eat my meat medium still. I've actually had more of an issue consuming so much ice cream. I'm not gaining much. Maybe five lbs total and I'm in my second trimester but I'm reveling in it bc I have never cared for fast food or desserts. I eat what baby and I crave. Seems to be working out just fine!