Parenting after 35
Options

Baby weight-loss check-in 8/10

1. How many weeks postpartum?

2. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)?

3. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your ideal weight?

4. What is your overall plan?

5. How did last week go?

6. What is your plan for the upcoming week?

QOTW - today is my birthday so I'm a bit nostalgic. At what age were you in the best shape of your life? (Not smallest size, but best shape)

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

Re: Baby weight-loss check-in 8/10

• Options
    4 months

2. How many pounds do you want to lose to reach your pre-baby weight (most recent child)?
    I have 2-3lbs to go, depending on the day and hydration status

Dunno. Best ballpark guess is 40, give or take 10 depending on how much is muscle.

I started working out with a personal trainer twice a week and plan on hitting the pool when it fits over my lunch break.

5. How did last week go?
    Had my first workout with the trainer. Needed ibuprofen for 3 days after

Same.

QOTW - today is my birthday so I'm a bit nostalgic. At what age were you in the best shape of your life? (Not smallest size, but best shape)
    Age 28, doing master's swim team, open water swims, and triathlon training. Plus surfing for fun

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    Happy birthday, @mattandlora!!!

Five today
    .5 - woo hoo!
    At least 25

Eating better, less snacking, more walking.  It's hard because it seems every time I try to eat Chloe needs something. Then I wind up getting too hungry and just grabbing chips or whatever.  I can't let her needs sabatoge my healthy habits.
    5. How did last week go?
    Good.  Walking is still tough in this heat, though.
    Same stuff.  Focus on healthy foods and snacks.
    QOTW - today is my birthday so I'm a bit nostalgic. At what age were you in the best shape of your life? (Not smallest size, but best shape)  Probably when I was 36.  I definitely wasn't my smallest size, but I had started runninng and lost about 40 pounds.  Also started running 5ks and actually did a half marathon (though I hurt my knee at mile seven and had to walk starting at mile nine.  Took me six months to fully recover and I gained 15 pounds.  :(  Want to work on getting all that off again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy birthday @mattandlora
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Options
    Ugh - my post got cut - boo. too tired to redo now, but will try again later.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Options
    @mattandlora - happy birthday! So impressed that you swim on your lunch break. That's a hard activity to squeeze in.

You all are doing so great at getting back to pp weight!

10 weeks

5-7

13-16

Keep upping my workouts little by little. Really would like to change my mindset towards sweets, so resisting doesn't feel like such a mental battle.

5. How did last week go?
    I seem to have plateaued, which is no surprise but still a little discouraging.
    Did great last week on cardio but not so much on strength

Increase strength work. But keep jogging too

QOTW - At what age were you in the best shape of your life? (Not smallest size, but best shape)
    Probably 32-33, when we spent two summers camping, climbing and biking. Lots of activity plus our budget kept us from overeating.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    In all honesty I'm not sure where I'm at right now. I don't own a scale so all I'm going on is how I look and feel. My last Drs appt I was 10 lbs over my ideal weight. I feel like I have probably gained a little instead of losing. I had the kind of pms this month where I just wanted to eat everything in sight and I wanted ice cream and chocolate constantly. I'm still on my period and I feel hungry all the time. My h has been gone for five days and I'm so exhausted I'm not even trying to fight it.

I feel pretty discouraged lately because being a SAHM is so consuming I don't know how to get myself motivated and healthy again. Whenever I feel like I'm starting to do better I suddenly backslide. I need a change but I don't know how to make it happen. I really hope when the weather changes and it isn't so unbearably hot I will get outside more again and be more active with my daughter.

I was in the best shape of my life in my mid thirties. I started sailing and it was amazing what it did for my body. I know I'll never get that body back but it would be nice if I could at least not feel like my stomach has turned to blubber.

Sorry I'm such a downer today. I'm probably just tired and hormonal.

@mattandlora Happy Birthday!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options

9 weeks.
    According to the scale at the gym, I have 3.5 pounds left to go.
    10 pounds in addition to the baby weight.
    Move more, eat less.  I am glad that I started tracking my food on MyFitnessPal app again.  It's really the only way I can hold myself accountable for all of the crap I eat.
    5. How did last week go?
    Not too bad.  I still ate too much, but less than the previous week, so that's progress, at least!  And I've been good about going to the gym, because it's nice alone time for me.  
    We haven't taken any stroller walks this week so far, because of other things going on.  I need to get those in, because that really helps keep me active.
    Best shape was definitely when I used to perform with drum corps every summer when I was in college.  I was crazy thin ans so muscular - and tan to boot!  I miss those days, for sure!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker