LGBT Parenting

Question of the Day - Friday 8/7/15

Since I'm new here and don't know you all very well, I thought it might be fun to do a question of the day.  It would allow us to get to know one another and hopefully distract us for a few moments from TTC or pregnancy that's always on my mind. (Hopefully I'm not alone here).  

If you are game, here's today's question:  How would you like to spend a rainy day? 

Re: Question of the Day - Friday 8/7/15

• vcollingsvcollings member
    edited August 2015
    My rainy day activites would include a good book, netflix and crafting.
  • Ooooo fun! Crafting OR board games!

QOTD: what state/part of the U.S. are you in?
  • Loading the player...
  • Board games are a definite in our house too - what's your favorite?

We're in Ohio!
  • I love lots of games- some favorites are Bohnanza, Love Letter, Flux, Cards Against Humanity, Gloom
  • We're in Iowa
  • We like Love letters too. Currently out favorites are Smallworld, Ticket to Ride, Dominion and Pandemic.
  • I'll have to look some of those up. We should just have a game night!
  • We are in Texas. We love playing board and card games- Bananagrams and Skipbo are our favorite :)

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Qotd- Are yall already buying baby stuff, decorating a nursery, etc? Does it make it easy and motivate you or does it depress you?

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have not bought any baby stuff yet. Simply bc TTC costs so much we have nothing extra right now, and I refuse to rack up a credit card to do it. My in laws bought TONS of stuff before hand, down to diapers.
  • We have some baby stuff that I've collected through the years.  Cute onsies that I can't live without, a special blanket made by grandparents, etc.

I've not purchased any big baby thing or decorated a nursery yet.  I think it would make it too hard for me. 
  • We have a few small things (like onsies, blankets, toys) that were on sale and we couldn't live without. We did just order the over the crib wall decoration lol it was perfect, handmade, and will be great for a boy or girl. The way we planned on budgeting for a baby was to make small purchases along the way. I won't get any maternity leave (and will need to go back asap!) so we don't want to have all of the expenses build up at the same time I am preparing to be off work. I feel a little crazy because this is our first try and I'm already wanting to go buy furniture- whew, baby fever over here!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We didn't buy baby stuff until after I conceived. The first thing was a stuffed animal we bought on a little trip we took to Canada. Now we have a crib, dresser, clothing, etc, but none is put together and our nursery still stores our junk. I'm 28 weeks so we need to get the ball rolling!

We also love games! My wife and I like rummikub and skipbo.

I live in Seattle, wa.