Stay at Home Moms

GTKY: Your profession

1. What did you do before you were a SAHM?
2. How long have you been a SAHM?
3. Will you go back to your old profession? Why or why not?

Re: GTKY: Your profession

• 1. Kindergarten teacher
    2. 5 years now
    3. Probably not. I never taught in the state we now live in and I've let my certification go. While I love working with kids, it might be too draining to teach all day, go home to my own kids and housework and still have school stuff to do at home. I hope to start back part-time when the baby is in K but doing what I'm just not sure. 
  • edited August 2015
    1. CPA. i was a finance manager at a large consumer goods company. Public auditor before that 2. Sahm since 2012 when I had DD1 3. Yes, not sure yet when, probably when DD2 is 3+. ETA: sorry for weird iPad formatting...
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. oncology nurse
    2. I have been home almost 4 yrs
    3. I would love to go back per diem but I am having a hard time finding something that will let me work just one weekend a month. I plan on going back to work part time/full time when my youngest is in preschool.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • 1. A lot of things, but most recently I was a reading teacher.
    2. 6.5 years
    3. Still not sure, for now I'm homeschooling, so not anytime soon. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • 1. High school language teacher
    2. 5 years
    3. I loved teaching, so I'd consider going back. However, DH and I highly value me being a SAHM, so as long as we can financially afford it, I'll be at home. Plus, we're homeschooling for as long as it's working for our family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Graphic Designer
    2. Not quite 7 months
    3. Probably not although I could freelance here and there. It doesn't pay well and is very demanding and draining. My plan is to career change but I'm not sure when that will be. I'll have to have time to study.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) employee communications consultant
    2) SAHM since 2011
    3) between the births of my 3 kids I did some freelance work at home during the week and had a babysitter come to the house. I liked this a lot because it kept a toe in the water, but it is hard to find the right client who needs someone during specific hours and days. For previous 2 kids stayed home 100% for at least a year, so I think I'll wait for a year with this last guy and then see how I feel.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • 1.) Nada. Well, actor/singer/nanny part-time.
    2.) Almost 3 years.
    3.) For fun, yes. I'd like to go back to school for voice, though, and teach voice from home. 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • I was a nanny for 20 plus years, with a few random jobs in between positions.

I've been a SAHM for almost 2 years.

I have no idea what I'm going to do when my daughter grows up. I'm pretty much avoiding thinking about it because I went through so much to have her and I just want to enjoy my time with her right now.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • 1- The last position I had I managed a hospice's volunteer program.
    2- My boys will be 5 in November- and I was a SAHW a bit before getting pregnant with them- so I have been "home" for 6 years in October 
    3- I have no idea what I want to do when I go back to work- all I know is that I want to go back next year when they go to full day kindergarten.
  • edited August 2015
    1. Teacher Assistant studying to be a Teacher. A postal worker before that.

2. I'm a mom-in-waiting as I am pg with LO but I have been a SAHW for 6 months.

3. No, I plan to homeschool and help run our small farm.

DS (2.29.16) via Homebirth

~ Proverbs 22:6 ~

• 1. What did you do before you were a SAHM? Nonprofit executive assistant
    2. How long have you been a SAHM? A little over 3 years
    3. Will you go back to your old profession? Why or why not? Doubtful. I'll be out of the game almost 10 years by the time LO2 is in school fulltime.
    Married July 2009, Rescue dog adopted September 2010, DS born June 2012
    Expecting LO2 in February 2016
    Ghost of MrsMuq
  • 1. Pharmacist
    2. I've been at home for a year now.
    3. I'd go back if I found the right position. Most recently I worked in long term care, but I prefer retail. My DH has long, varied hours, which makes working in retail hard. I'm still deciding whether I'm cut out for this SAHM gig.
  • 1.) Esthetician at a spa
    2.) SAHM for almost a year now
    3.) Will go back to beauty school and get my Cosmetologist license so that I can work both trades after this baby is born and old enough
  • 1) Got my degree in Kinesiology Pre-PA May '13, worked for our church June 13-June 14 when DD was born
    2) 15 months
    3) plan to go to grad school for something medically related once all the kiddos are in school - so who knows when. If nothing else I'll probably do EMT or CNA training and work part time then.
    Anniversary 
  • 1: graphic designer
    2. 6 months
    3. Yes eventually, we have talked about me going back once my lo is walking and on more solids so it would be an easier transition to daycare.
  • 1. Hairstylist
    2. Since 2013 when my second child was born.
    3. Maybe part time, not sure yet!
    Stay at home mom of three!
    Vanessa-4 years, Alexander-2 years & Elena-1 year
    Waiting a bit to TTC one more!