May 2015 Moms

Anyone going through the 3 month growth spurt yet?

DD is 12 weeks, so not quite a true 3 months, but she's been waking up more at night.  She used to wake up just once around 4:00, but the last few nights it's been 1:30, 3:30, 5:30, and pretty much up for the day after that 5:30 feeding even though she had been sleeping until 6:45.

I remember that it lasted for a week with my first, so hopefully I just have to power through a few more days.  If this is not the 3 month growth spurt, then I'm going to be REALLY tired when it actually comes!

Re: Anyone going through the 3 month growth spurt yet?

• We went through something last week. We are back at getting up at 5 am now, except last night was 3:30 am. He's a lot less crabby this week too. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm there with you. Last night she got up at 2,4,5,6,7. She normally sleeps through the night and wakes up at 8 am. She's been very fussy the last week too. She's 11 weeks old.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • shelles423shelles423 member
    edited August 2015
    My LO Is 11 weeks and has been doing this the past three days. I've been reading about the three month sleep regression that babies go through and I'm pretty sure that's what it is vs a growth spurt. . Though they could be going through a growth spurt too. Basically they are transitioning from infant to baby and n need less naps during the day and an earlier bed time. Might also be a good time to stop swaddling and move baby to the crib if you haven't yet
  • My LO Is 11 weeks and has been doing this the past three days. I've been reading about the three month sleep regression that babies go through and I'm pretty sure that's what it is vs a growth spurt. . Though they could be going through a growth spurt too. Basically they are transitioning from infant to baby and n need less naps during the day and an earlier need time. Might also be a good time to stop swaddling and move baby to the crib if you haven't yet
    I think we're about 2 weeks away from losing the swaddle.  I really want her to be able to put herself to sleep at night before we lose it, and we're pretty close.  We stopped swaddling our first at 14 weeks, and it seemed to be a good time.  She's in her crib already and goes down early to bed.
  • My little one went through a growth spurt around 11 weeks it lasted a full week then went back to our normal feeding schedule. Then he went through the sleep regression last week. He would not take naps and woke up more at night. I worked overnight the last 2 night. He stayed with my in-laws the first night and dot 8 hours then slept almost 7 for DH last night. Fingers crossed he does the same for mom tonight and it's a new trend!
  • I'm wondering if that is what's happening to my 12 week old. She had been routinely sleeping from
    9:30-12 ish, then eating and sleeping until 6 at least ( once 7). Last night she was a very noisy sleepers from 2:30 -4 then was up to eat. She's been more alert during the day the last few weeks. I start back to work tomorrow and was really hoping it would go back to normal tonight! We are struggling to transition from the rock n play to bassinet or crib too. Anyone have any suggestions for that? She's small for her age but still getting too big for rock n play.
  • I think (and hope) DD went through it last week, she was also 12 weeks, she woke up more at night and was enerally fussy all day and wanted to nurse all the time. It lasted about a week but it was waaayy easier than the 7 weeks growth spurt! That lasted about 2.5 days and had me willing to pull my hair out lol. I hope it was that and we're done! I do notice that she nurses for a longer time now
  • Last week we were not taking naps at all!! Now we are sleeping a lot!! Feeding is the same but we are sleeping, crying, eating and back to sleep.. We are on day 3!! I'm thinking it's his growth spurt!! I'm hoping and I'm hoping it's almost over!!