Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

going back to work after 3 months...

So I will be getting back at work when baby turns 3 months. It's my second baby so yes I am going to feel super bad again :/. What is also not helping is my sister. She tells me some things that makes me feek like if I am a bad mother for going back to work and not being with my baby. I've been feeling like crap because i wish i didn't had to work but i have to. There's no way in hell i want my mother in law moving in with us because we do not get along when we are together for toooo long. I guess I am just trying to find some kind of support through the internet instead of my sister since she always pictures me as the bad mother, eventhough she says that is not what she meant but I am sorry! when you say things like " you're trying to avoid your baby" sounds pretty much like if I don't want my kids! and that's pretty F'D up from her because I love my kids and she knows it.....Any advice or anything would help from any of you ladies. Thank you!! :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: going back to work after 3 months...

• Options
    Sorry you are having trouble with your sister. :(

I don't have any advice, but, I, too, will be returning to work.  Fortunately I'm a teacher (and I rarely ever say fortunately, lol) so I am able to stay home with LO for the first four months.  I hate that I have to go back (first and, likely, only baby for us); but, we bought a house and decided that this is what's best long term for our family.  

I would say try to put the thoughts of work and conversations about it with your sister out of your mind and focus on the time you have with your LO.  I am sure there are other moms here in your shoes, so feel free to continue to share.  :)  
  • Options
    I have to go back to work in September. I only get 2 months off. I have a two year old who is at an awesome daycare with awesome teachers and great kids. The baby will be going there too as soon as I go back to work. I think it's great for the baby. He's going to be learning a lot and gets interaction with other children. I don't feel bad at all because I feel like its best for my baby.
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker