Pregnant after IF

***2nd tri check-in- 8/3/15***

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this epically long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

QOTW: Other than finally having your own healthy little one, is there anything interesting on your bucket list? 

@MrsBwIvf- EDD 12/21/15 with two beans- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sexes
@andimegie325- EDD 1/10/16 with one bean- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
@somewhereinafrica- EDD? With a little boy!!! CONGRATS!
@MarnieF- EDD1/12/16 with one little lady!
@Emcarl24- EDD 1/21 with one bean- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
@knottie4978096- EDD 2/2/16 with one bean- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex

Re: ***2nd tri check-in- 8/3/15***

• Another week of no news is good news for me! We are awaiting our scan in 2 Fridays so these week, I will be making the boxes we'll be using to do our baby sex reveal with a photographer. It's all becoming more real and definitely more exciting!

QOTW- I don't have much of a bucket list. When I graduated high school, part of my gift from my dad was to go skydiving next to him, which turned out pretty awesome. Plus, it served its purpose and I have had no more need to for any more high flying adventures!
    I think at the top of my bucket list now is to wait a few years and take the twins and my husband over to Japan for them to meet our extended family over there and to see the sites. I think we should start saving now, though!
  • Checking in to second tri now! EDD Jan 26 with triplets. Have follow up with MFM tomorrow, 15 weeks and hoping he can tell genders! If not, I may pay the $75 for independent US gender reveal. I want to get started since I'm limited on activity already, I have little time to get things done!
    QOTW: I don't really have a bucket list. My goal is to remember that every day only happens once, and I need to try my hardest to enjoy it. Even if it is not a good day!

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome to second trimester @Kelley421, so happy you made it here with all 3 beans intact! Please let us know how tomorrow goes for you.
  • Anxiously awaiting my check up Friday, and vacation next week, and anatomy scan the week after! I will be in the middle of nowhere Maine, so there's no service for me starting on Saturday! Which, in all honesty, is really rather nice to not have that "leash" constantly attached :)

Qotw: I really want to travel and explore my country. Everything from a road trip across Rt 66, hiking in the Grand Canyon, camping in our national parks, and maybe even a train tour of Alaska! I've always had a strong wanderlust and being rooted so firmly in my home town only makes me realize that sharp contrast of what I've always wanted to do vs what I've been able to do. Here's to many future adventures!

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • marniefmarnief member
    edited August 2015
    Not much new here, 17 weeks tomorrow and still just killin' time until my next app't a week from Wednesday. DD1 turns one on Saturday so that's exciting, and we are flying back East for my BFF's wedding - leaving Thurs and returning Tue. We will be driving up and down from DC to VA to MD and back to DC...wondering how he flight and all the driving with a one-year-old and a pregnant mama! We will undoubtedly have to stop every hour...

QOTW: I've always wanted to write a book. I don't know if I have the patience/perseverance to do it, though.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Not much to report this week. Heading to VA to see some family this weekend. Really looking forward to that. I was going to drive it (from Boston) but found a great fare! It's just me this time so flying actually worked out to cost the same as the drive would. Yay!

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Hi - Thursday was my checkup with the Dr. - not much to report. My heinous morning sickness is getting better, but I'm still having bouts and bad days. My insurance pre-authorized the NIPT test, so I get to take that Friday. They said it's completely covered at no cost to me, but why do I not believe them? In any case, I will get to find out the sex for sure in a couple of weeks instead of waiting for the next scan in a month. At 12 weeks, the tech told me it looked like a boy - so we'll see.
  • Awesome news, @Kelley421!
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Hi Ladies! I am officially moving over from the 1st trimester check in. I have one perfect little baby that we are waiting until birth to find out the sex. So DH and I are team green! 

As of right now anxiously waiting to hear back about my last blood test. I went in for the NT scan & blood work on the 24 th of July. The u/s looked great from what the doctor said. A few days after that we got the results of the NT blood work. I have a suggested increased risk for Downs. So on Friday the 31st I had to go to a prenatal genetics facility to get more blood work done. I know the chances are very slim that my baby could possibly have downs but it SUCKS not knowing and worrying. Either way my baby will be perfect to my husband and I. It was just really hard hearing that the child you've been trying for for so long could have a potential disability. 

QOTW:  DH & I would love to do a Canonball Run. It's a race from coast to coast in a very nice sports car! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Kelley421 SUCH GREAT NEWS! 3 Healthy little ones!

Have fun to all the ladies who have nice trips planned soon! Make sure you soak it all in as it'll probably be one of your last hoorah's before having a/another little one to tote around.

@knottie4978096 glad your last appt went well. Good luck with your testing on Friday.

@Shelly333 Welcome to 2nd tri! And you're team green??? GOOD FOR YOU! I would never have that kind of self control! I myself am worried about looking during our anatomy scan and not waiting for the big reveal the next morning. Fx all of the blood work comes back good so you can enjoy your pregnancy without worrying.

• Hello all,

I'm late to the party not because of lack of time as I have that in abundance but just felt scared to jinx anything...!!

So I'm a lot more positive this week, have gotten used to the move, have a few new plans, a friend flown down to help out and planning all things baby!

Problems have been serious constipation and I started spotting again last night!

All in all baby boy is doing well and I go next week for a scan. Still bed resting although I'm now at least able to walk to shower and bathroom which is a huge upgrade.

My husband and I are huge travelers and have already planned a trip to India once baby is a year. But our big bucket list item is doing a drive across Africa with kids.