Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

4 year Hiatus

haha! back on The Bump...! DS is 4 years old now & hubs & I have decided to start trying for baby #2! 

My last period was July 2nd lasting 4-5 days. Hubby & I started "trying" around the 12th, having sex every other day except for last week when our son was sick :( 

Going by when I was on the pill (5 months) my period should have come this past week but it hasn't...but the pregnancy tests i've taken have been negative. 

Maybe it's still too early? Maybe my cycle is off since coming off the pill? I'm trying not to get my hopes up since i know how disappointing it'll be if/when my period comes. 

Happy TTC ladies :) happy to be back!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 4 year Hiatus

• Options
    Welcome back. I'm a newbie around here TTC #2, but I suggest you read through the threads pinned on top of the page, as well as several pages worth of daily threads to get a feel for the board. Good luck!
    Me: 35 - DH: 34
    Married: 08/2009
    BFP #1: 11/2010 - DS born 07/2011
    TTC #2: 02/2014
    RE Dx-Unexplained IF: 06/2015
    BFP #2: 08/12/15 - MC 08/27/15
    BFP #3: 03/11/16 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/09/16 - DD born 12/2016  <3

• Options
    Welcome,Going off BCP will mess up your cycles hopefully your cycle comes back soon.In the mean time you could pick up a BBT and download Fertility friend and that will track when you ovulate and also will give you clues about what is going on with your body.
    TTC #2

What i'm trying: Seed Cycling,Fertility Friend,&Charting.
    My Ovulation Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, when in doubt, POAS once a week until BFP or AF.
  • Options
    The phrase you'll hear around here is "you're normal until you aren't." Since this is your first month off BCP, it may take awhile for your body to get back to "normal." I agree with PP on next steps. Good luck and welcome back!
  • Options
    I second what the PP have said about the BCP and FF. Temp and chart! You're not late, your body is just trying to normalize after the BCP.
    Welcome back!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Welcome back and good luck!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Options
    You can't go off of what your cycles were on birth control. Birth control is set up to have bleeding at the same time every month, that's how it works! Not necessarily how your body works. 

If you want to better know when to expect your period, charting your BBT with Fertility Friend helps a lot! Their tutorials are also great.

Good Luck!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Welcome.  I agree with PP.  Coming off BCP can be rough (In my case it took two months to get AF).  Like they said keep testing once a week until AF comes, if you reach 60 days, talk to your dr. :)

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    Welcome back!

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• Options
    Hello! Good luck! I agree with all the above PPs. Give your body a little time to get back to working as it should.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Options
    Thanks ladies   :) i've definitely downloaded a couple fertility/ovulation trackers & have been using them daily. 

Will keep you ladies posted :D 
  • Options
    Welcome back! I'm back after a while too :) Good luck!
  • Options
    Welcome :-h lurk and lurk some more.
  • Options
    ladies...

thank you for all your input :) I just got back from getting a blood test done at my hospital...and I am VERY happy to announce, the blood test came back POSITIVE :D 

Still very early but we're very very happy at the news!

home pregnancy tests still show up negative. 
  • Options
    Me: 35 - DH: 34
    Married: 08/2009
    BFP #1: 11/2010 - DS born 07/2011
    TTC #2: 02/2014
    RE Dx-Unexplained IF: 06/2015
    BFP #2: 08/12/15 - MC 08/27/15
    BFP #3: 03/11/16 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/09/16 - DD born 12/2016  <3

• Options
    Good lord how many of these can we possibly have in one day.
    Op this is a board of women who are Trying to concieve. Many participate every single day. Digging up a zombie thread to post a bfp is like running around your local grocery store waving a positive test. The response you would get there are the same here because you are a stranger to us. Plus there are many who are struggling to get our own bfps and its rude to point out youve gotten yours. If you are looking for a community find your birth month board.
  • Options
    I did not realize keeping the post updated was considered rude. I did not mean to cause any offense or make anybody uncomfortable. I posted what was going on with me & ladies responded with comments giving their opinions & suggestions...if someone can tell me how to delete this post, i will. 
  • Options
    cattlebridecattlebride member
    edited August 2015

I did not realize keeping the post updated was considered rude. I did not mean to cause any offense or make anybody uncomfortable. I posted what was going on with me & ladies responded with comments giving their opinions & suggestions...if someone can tell me how to delete this post, i will. 

No need to delete it will help others learn if they lurk. Also you have already been quoted so deleting wouldn't do anything anyways. Have a happy and health 9 :)
  • Options

ladies...

thank you for all your input :) I just got back from getting a blood test done at my hospital...and I am VERY happy to announce, the blood test came back POSITIVE :D 

Still very early but we're very very happy at the news!

home pregnancy tests still show up negative. 
    Qfp
  • Options
    Am I missing something? This thread was posted only 4 days ago. How is that a zombie thread?
    Also, I understand how her getting a positive can upset others who have been trying but I certainly understand why she updated. Kinda makes me afraid to post now, even though I've been on tb for awhile... What if I get a positive? Do I quietly slink away to a different board?
  • Options

@lovearoo when a regular who has been contributing to the threads, giving support, etc. gets a BFP and posts about it in the TWW thread (the appropriate place to post a BFP), we are THRILLED for them! When a lurker who has only posted an intro, and never participated in another thread to give support, posts their BFP, it feels like a drive by. Like they are saying "look at me! Look at my positive pee stick! Got mine before y'all got yours! But good luck everyone."

Give support, get support. Use the TWW thread, participate regularly and we'll be happy for you when the time comes.

THIS!

The TWW thread is appropriate if you've been active in it. An intro thread is not. I was curious about why an intro thread got revived and didn't expect to see a BFP waved around.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    lovearoo said:

Am I missing something? This thread was posted only 4 days ago. How is that a zombie thread?
    Also, I understand how her getting a positive can upset others who have been trying but I certainly understand why she updated. Kinda makes me afraid to post now, even though I've been on tb for awhile... What if I get a positive? Do I quietly slink away to a different board?

Post in the tww, the general rules are if no one would know who you are, you've posted on less than a 5-10 thread just move to a bmb. If you participate fairly frequently but no one would recognize if you suddenly quit posting post in tww. If people would be sad or wonder why you haven't posted if you left then most will suggest you post your own bfp thread. Bfps can hurt even from people you know, think fb. If people give support or post here we will be over the moon for you!
  • Options
    Best use of gif of all time
    Why, thank you :) It seemed appropriate! 
  • Options

@lovearoo when a regular who has been contributing to the threads, giving support, etc. gets a BFP and posts about it in the TWW thread (the appropriate place to post a BFP), we are THRILLED for them! When a lurker who has only posted an intro, and never participated in another thread to give support, posts their BFP, it feels like a drive by. Like they are saying "look at me! Look at my positive pee stick! Got mine before y'all got yours! But good luck everyone."

Give support, get support. Use the TWW thread, participate regularly and we'll be happy for you when the time comes.

Ah, ok that makes more sense. I took a bump break myself for a few months because I got depressed seeing everyone else pregnant, but thought I must be missing something.
    Thank you for explaining it for me.
  • Options
    Ladies, like I said, I took a hiatus for 4 years because we didn't try or expect to have another baby. I used TB quite frequently with my first and decided since he was unplanned & this one was, that TB would be a fun place to start getting back into the community again. 

I was not being a lurker, I came onto the board of "trying to get pregnant" and posted what was going on with me. I was confused & anxious because the pregnancy tests taken at home (5) of them were all negative, so I finally went in for a blood test and it came back positive. I did not think updating my post with that would be such a large offense.

I'm sorry again for causing anybody to feel uncomfortable or hurt. That was not my intention. My intention also was not to seem like I was highjacking anybody's happy news and I only wish you ladies the best for you & your families.