November 2015 Moms
Options

BABYSITTING HELP

So my emotions are haywire right now, and I have ZERO patience. ZERO. We are doing a "trial run" tonight, watching our friends almost 6 month old kid. I feed him, let him watch mickey mouse, put him on his back, his stomach, in the swing, walk around with him, bounce with him, EVERYTHING. This kid just screams, and screams, AND screams. I CANNOT put up with this for a full day. The parents have never left him before and now they are leaving him for a FULL DAY, and they are going to be 2.5 hours away at an amusement park. I'm assuming he is teething, but the mother wont give him anything for pain (if it were my kid I would give him baby orajel, teething tablets, etc.) So maybe that is the source of his crying? I can't handle his screaming all the time, and I feel horrible. Like what will I do if my baby constantly screams? I will go nuts! 
They co-sleep with him and don't let him "cry it out", I'm not saying these are bad things, just to give you a hint of their parenting style. (even tho I will NEVER co-sleep). She also breastfeeds and has only taken a bottle like 3-4 times, he does take it good though. She says she has 4 frozen bags for tomorrow (is that even enough??) I swear she feeds him every 30 minutes.

I don't know what to do and I'm going crazy. It makes me doubt my parenting skills, like what did I get myself into? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: BABYSITTING HELP

• Options
    There are so many possibilities here that it's hard to say what's going on but rest assured, not all babies scream all day.  In fact, I would consider that somewhat abnormal.  My niece was like that but they discovered she was having acid reflux and she was fine after that.  If you are feeding him, making sure he is changed and comforting him, there isn't really much else you can do. Maybe try a car ride or walk in the stroller outside (that was the only thing that calmed my niece as she would get distracted by things to look at).  Do you know if this is how he is all the time? If not, it's possible that it's just a product of being away from his parents or being in a new environment.  Has he slept at all?  You are going to be fine when yours comes around, don't panic! :)
    YCSWU 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My friends daughter screams the whole time if she's not right next to her.. And she's 3.. I can't stand watching her kids for that reason.. Her son is a Hellian and doesn't listen and breaks everything he can get his hands on and her daughter just screams.. And screams.. And screams.. Her mom could be gone for 2 hours and she will scream the whole time.. I have learned the few times I watch her kids that it's not me.. And when I have kids it won't be the same and just because her kids are crazy and scream the whole time doesn't mean mine will.. With that being said.. Just because you can't get her baby to stop being upset doesn't mean it will be like this when your baby gets here!! Relax and take a few deep breaths.. If that means putting the baby in the swing or something and just stepping outside for 2 seconds to collect yourself it's ok!!!
  • Options
    ZoeH3ZoeH3 member
    How is it no one suggested giving him a teether to chew on???
  • Options
    ZoeH3 said:

How is it no one suggested giving him a teether to chew on???

We did give him one actually. It made him content for 20 seconds

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I watched my nephew right after I found out I was pregnant and he was screaming for an hour and I had tried everything so I finally called my mom. She gave him some sugar water and then also realized he was running a temp so some Tylenol and he finally calmed down. I felt like I was going to be a terrible mother, is my baby going to hate me, what if my baby screams non stop what am I going to do... But once I realized he was sick and it wasn't me, as bad as I felt that he was sick, it made me feel better that it wouldn't have mattered what I did
  • Options
    Also babies can sense if you are tense or upset. Make sure you take some deep breaths and stay calm.
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List