2nd Trimester
Options

Are y'all exercising?

Hi! How many of you are exercising? I know it's something I need to be doing! I'm gone 12 hours a day 5 days a week at work and am doing good to stay awake long enough to say hi to my husband am have dinner before going to sleep!

Re: Are y'all exercising?

• Options
    I'm not great at doing dedicated exercising, but do manage it a couple of times a week. Beyond that I try and be active during the day. 

Is it possible for you to go for a walk on your lunch break? Or are there ways to try and be active at work, take the stairs instead of the lift, or park a bit further from work and walk, that kind of thing?
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    I work out about 6 days a week. Trying to keep my weight under control but it's not helping. :( I feel like I eat and immediately gain weight.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I mean... organically :) I walk a lot. I get out a lot on weekends and stroll around. I park a distance from work and it's about a 5-7 minute walk. On occasion i swim. 

I'm not really gaining much weight so I feel like too much exercise might not be a good idea. Maybe when i get my eating up, I can start to pay more attention to working out.
  • Options
    Nope! I seriously considered doing pilates and swimming but eff that I'm tired
  • Options
    Lol no. I never have
  • Options
    Yes, but I've always been a habitual runner and exerciser. I didn't even know I was pregnant until I was 12 weeks (thanking the 1st trimester god), and ran a half marathon and 15 mile race during my 1st trimester. But I've scaled down a lot during the second trimester and try to listen to my body. So if my heart rate starts getting to high or something feels uncomfortable, I either slow down, scale down, or stop and walk. Honestly, I think the most important part is just staying active in daily life and doing well feels good for you and for baby!! 
  • Options
    27weeks and I haven't exercise at all.
  • Options
    I worked out 6 days a week including cardio and lifting pre-preggo. I also played golf at least once a week, I was so sick in the beginning and I have had so many back and sciatic nerve issues that I stopped everything.

My doctor said that quitting my normal activity may have lended to some of the issues. My body sort of freaked out when regular activity changed so drastically.

If you used to work out its worth the effort to try and keep up with a minimum of physical activity that resembles what you used to do.

That being said I do water aerobics (sounds silly I know) but good grief I love being in a pool. It takes so much pressure off everything and is an awesome relief, just walking in the pool is a great work out for your core and back, add a couple noodles and you have a full gym.
  • Options
    I ran from weeks 1-7, but have cut back to just my regular walking since then(22weeks now). I chase around a 2 year old, so not able to just sit around, eat, and sleep like I did with DS, but my weight gain has been a lot slower this time around, so I'm not beating myself up too much.
  • Options
    I go usually 3-4 times a week.  Sometimes I make it 5-6.  I do 35-40 minutes of cardio and usually 3-4 different weight machines to target my legs or arms.  I always work in the inner and outer thigh machine every other day.  Once school starts back up for me though, my day goes from 8:10-4:30 with students.  I am not sure how much energy I am going to have, to keep up with it as much as I am now.  So I am trying to get into the gym and work out as much as I can, while I still have the energy and time to do so. 
  • Options
    I work out 4-5 days a week. I ran, swam and biked prior to preg and early in my preg. At 14 weeks I started having to pee every half hour so now I take a jazzercise class or run on the treadmill or go the elliptical at the gym so I am close to a bathroom.
  • Options
    After finding out I was pregnant at 4 weeks, I stopped swimming. I'm fairly active in a swimming, 3 times a week with a club, but stopped just to be safe. I'm planning to pick it up again shortly now that the first tri is passed.
  • Options
    Zero. Lol. 23 weeks, gained 16 lbs. Unless I was trying to tone for vacation I never really exercised prior. I have a normal healthy BMI. Pre pregnancy weighed around 115 lbs. I'm not watching what I eat but I do not eat in excess either and drink lots of water. I also like you work 10-12 hours per day, 5 days a week. I'm waiting for the weather to cool down so I can start walking around my neighborhood every day.
  • Options
    I work out 5-6 days a week, mostly crossfit or powerlifting. I am almost 20 weeks along. I have scaled a few things down. I've always worked out though. I listen to my body each day and decide what it's going to allow me to do. I LOVE food so I feel I need to exercise to stay at a healthy weight. So far I've gained 5 pounds. I work night shift, RN, 12 hour shifts so that contributes as well.
  • Options
    Nope.
    When I say that to my doctor she looks so shell shocked, like, you aren't even going to fib a couple days a week for me?

I get out of breathe and feel like I'm going to pass out walking up stairs! It's obviously a sign that I should skip the exercise, other than kegels of course.
  • Options
    Me too, I love exercising. I'm a professional dancer and also run a ballet fitness company so it's part of my make up (and little one seems to love it already too!). I do an hour of power yoga and and 30-60 minutes of ballet 6 days a week and have gained 7lbs at 21+2 days. I never do deep twists or heavy impact work but focus on strength and technique. I think whatever is right for mum is what is important and if 20mins walking every day is enough for you then perfect. But I love to hear from other happy, fit girls too. Have a great rest of your pregnancy! X
  • Options
    I try to go to the gym at least 3x a week.  I have a fit bit as well that I try to keep a daily goal of 30+ active minutes / 10,000 steps.  I have never been good at staying on track with exercising and being active, but this is the best I have done in a LONG time!
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and exercise 4-5 times a week. I was a runner and yogi prior and have continued running and going to prenatal yoga classes. Yoga has been the best exercise so far!
  • Options
    I get in about 2-3 times a week, but I also have 3 dogs that I walk a lot. I was mostly jogging. I love doing 5ks but it's official today at 17+3 that jogging is a thing of the past. Speed walking, here I come!
  • Options
    I signed up for my next 10k at end of sept. I am not fast but like to finish. I started to try to jog this week to start training myself up again and I couldn't. Not sure if the heat, the sports bra (my best one and still felt sore- going to try 2 next time) or just the toughness of the break but I'm nervous now!!

I walk a lot but nausea has me down for the count a lot. 13+1 and the sickness has increased. Hoping to subside soon so I can get back on pace. Feel so weak!
  • Options
    I used to exercise everyday. Since I've been preg my gym membership is a waste. I've pretty much given up on that life. My thumb gets the most exercise trying to figure out what to watch on Netflix while eating ice cream.
  • Options
    Not really. Every now and then I'll take my dog for a 30 minute walk, but it's been way too hot for that lately. But I do work 10-12 hour shifts on my feet pretty much the entire time (I'm a vet tech at an animal clinic), so I feel like that helps me out somewhat.
  • Options
    5-6 times a week for an hour. Usually several walks throughout the day and a long walk after work with my DH. I do weights and cardio. I feel it's extremely important to stay as active as possible.
  • Options
    Yes, exercise is so important! At least 6 days a week, 30-45 minutes a day. I do circuit training mostly, so cardio plus weights and body weight/balance challenges. While some mornings it is a challenge, I still get up and do it anyway. It takes me longer to get going, so I've had to dial the alarm back earlier, which I kinda hate. I'm also starting to slow down, which is frustrating, but modifications are available and I'm learning to listen to my body. It's a natural stress reliever, helps ease my back pain throughout the day, and I never regret it when I'm done.
  • Options
    I had nasty morning sickness. So my 1st tri was pretty much spent trying to manage that while not losing my job. But now that I'm feeling better - taking dance lessons, walking and swimming. Not all days are good yet, but it's improving.
  • Options
    I walk a lot and paddle board as much as I can.  I also do light strength training.
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • Options
    Yes, I've been walking 3-4 miles a day almost every day - I take a day off here and there. And I am taking a prenatal yoga class Sunday mornings. Exercise keeps me sane.
  • Options
    I'm 18 weeks and am still exercising when i have the extra energy. There is no point and stretching oneself to work out after a long days work. The days that I can't do yoga or fitness I try and eat extra healthy to sort of balance it out. If I'm exhausted, sometimes I just do yoga stretching and relaxation, at least it's good for the joints and mind.
    There are some great pregnancy relaxation videos online that are free. @emdunn87
  • Options
    I walk on lunch for an hour. Then I walk again when I get home after dinner another hour. It helps me sleep. Plus once a week I take yoga class.
  • Options
    The first 12 weeks my exercise consisted of running to the toilet multiple times a day to throw up (HG).
    Now, I'm able to go to the gym at least three times a week to walk on a 7-10.5 incline for an hour @ 4.2-4.5 and then do bi's/tri's, shoulders/back, or legs. Tried pre-natal yoga but it wasn't for me and I lack balance. Far cry from my marathon days but at least I can get through a workout without puking!
    I really wish I was one of the mama's who are still running but I tried and I felt so uncomfortable and couldn't find a way to do adjust my form with about feeling completely akward. Maybe third trimester I'll try a little swimming too.
    Stretching before bed each night is something I like to do to; it's calming and helps with the restless legs.