Infertility
Options

Cycle Day 13- 3 follciles, 2 @ 14mm and 1 @10mm Should I be worried?

Hello everyone.

I went in today for my midcycle ultrasound which is day 13 of my cycle and I had 3 decent size follicles, 2 on the left at 14mm and one on the right at 10mm. I took clomid days 3-7. My doctor says I am not ready for a trigger and to do OPK's. If I don't have a positive OPK by Monday, he wants me to come back for a follow up scan. I am worried about timing. My doctor is not open on Sunday for scans or IUI's. Doctor seems to think everything will be fine and follicles won't be ready until Monday or Tuesday and my IUI will be next week. Am I over thinking it too much? Thoughts?
Unexplained Infertility
Feb 13- 1st MC
June 13- 2nd MC
Dec 14-Clomid & IUI= BFN
Jan 15-Clomid & IUI= BFN
Feb 15-Clomid & IUI = BFP, 3rd MC April 14 :(
June 15-Clomid & IUI = BFN
July 15-Clomid, IUI & Progesterone= BFN
Aug 15-Clomid, IUI & Progesterone= TBT

" Anyone can give up. It is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength"

Re: Cycle Day 13- 3 follciles, 2 @ 14mm and 1 @10mm Should I be worried?

• Options
    If you get a positive OPKs on Friday or Saturday, do you go for a check (and possible IUI)?  You ovulate 24-36 after LH surge.  So maybe he is thinking if you catch the surge on Sunday, you will be ready on Monday?
  • Options
    @kgbbsc7 If I get a positive on the OPK on Friday then I go in Saturday morning for an IUI. If I get a positive OPK on Saturday, then I am out for IUI this cycle because the clinic is closed on Sunday and we will have to have timed intercourse. With 14 mm follicles today there is no way I get a positive OPK tomorrow so I am afraid of a positive on Saturday and then no IUI :( 

I think he is thinking I will get a positive on Sunday for IUI on Monday. If by Monday I haven't gotten a positive OPK, then I go back in for another scan and trigger. I tend to overthink things, lol. I guess I am just worried because this is so different from my previous cycles where I get a positive OPK on day 14 or 15 of my cycle. Based on my doctor's thinking, it will be day 16 or 17. He says that is normal for a clomid cycle but I am worried anyway. 

Unexplained Infertility
    Feb 13- 1st MC
    June 13- 2nd MC
    Dec 14-Clomid & IUI= BFN
    Jan 15-Clomid & IUI= BFN

" Anyone can give up. It is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength"

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you get positive on Saturday, you aren't necessarily out.  Can you go first thing Monday for an ultrasound to check and maybe schedule IUI for right then?  When do you normally O?  Not get a positive OPK, but O.  Seems odd your doctor would risk missing out on a cycle.  This is an RE and not an OB right?
  • Options
    This is an RE. I tend to O 24 hrs after I get a positive OPK. He told me I could come in Monday for the IUI if I get a positive Saturday but the chances are slim it will work. And they are not cheap to have done.

I have an appointment Monday at 10:50am for a scan if I don't get a positive OPK over the weekend. My hospital is weird in that they only do IUI's in the morning. Everyone who got a positive OPK the day before shows up at 7 am. The male is taken back to give their specimens one by one, basically first come first serve. Then about 45 minutes later the IUI is performed on the female. As far as I know they don't do IUI's throughout the day. It is worth asking my doctor about though. Maybe I can get my husband to take the morning off from work and go in with me. Thanks for the idea.

My doctor seems pretty convinced I won't get a positive OPK until Sunday at the earliest so I just keep testing and see what happens.
    Unexplained Infertility
    Feb 13- 1st MC
    June 13- 2nd MC
    Dec 14-Clomid & IUI= BFN
    Jan 15-Clomid & IUI= BFN

• Options
    And timed intercourse could always work so there is still hope!!
  • Options
    I'm not sure about everyone else on this board but I have seen a few different RE through my 4 year journey and all of them have been willing to come in on Saturdays and Sundays, granted they are only open for an hour or two and only see patients who are needed to do iui or another procedure but still they always make the time, unfortunately this is not an exact science it is all based on how your body performs so you and your Dr have to he flexible. It seems very odd to me that he would risk missing an iui if that's what you planned to do after you put all this money into seeing him, maybe try a different Dr and ask them what their policy is
  • Options
    I agree. RMA of philly is open 7 days a week including Christmas Day. It's just that if I need something on a Sunday I have to travel about 45 min.
  • Options
    @Emily4554 and @Drove2u I go to Walter Reed Medical Center so I am at the mercy of military insurance. While I do pay for some of my services the cost is greatly reduced. In order to go to another doctor I have to switch insurance and then start all over. I am so far into this journey that I am not sure I want to start all over. 

They are open on Saturdays so if I need to go in for a scan or IUI on that day I can. My doctor really doesn't think my OPK will turn positive Saturday and I am probably over thinking it. I think we all do that. I just have to get out of my head. Thanks for responding ladies, I really appreciate the support and the responses. It helps to bounce stuff off other women going through the same thing.

Unexplained Infertility
    Feb 13- 1st MC
    June 13- 2nd MC
    Dec 14-Clomid & IUI= BFN
    Jan 15-Clomid & IUI= BFN