Trouble TTC
Options

Intro - abnormal uterus / blocked tubes (child mentioned)

Hi all! I'm just starting my infertility journey. I have a beautiful DD who is 3 1/2 years old. I had no trouble getting pregnant with her and a great pregnancy, which I'm now learning was pretty much a miracle. I'm 29 and DH is almost 31.

DH and I have been trying for #2 for about 15 months with no success. I had Day 21 testing done which showed my progesterone levels were good. I had an HSG done yesterday which showed that I have a unicornuate uterus and my left tube is completely blocked.. so it's amazing that I became pregnant with DD and carried her to term without complications. I will have a follow up appointment next week with my doctor to talk about the next step and options. I'm definitely feeling discouraged... The good news is that I am ovulating and my right tubes are open, so pregnancy is possible. I feel very blessed to have DD, and I feel like maybe I need to prepare myself to be satisfied with one child. I work with the public and a lot of my customers knew me when I was pregnant with DD, so pretty much every day I hear that it's time for another one. They mean well but I don't need the reminder. We finally let our parents in on all this so we don't have to hear how much they want another grandchild anymore.

Anywho.. I've lurked here some and you ladies are so amazing and knowledgeable. It definitely helps to know I'm not the only person who has fertility issues and hear from women who have been there. <3

Re: Intro - abnormal uterus / blocked tubes (child mentioned)

• Options
    Congrats on your little miracle! I sure hope you get a second one! What has the RE explained in regards to options? I personally had a slight t-shaped uterus, which was surgically corrected. This is supposed to significantly increase our chances of conceiving (we're just starting our first round of IUI). Is any surgical intervention possible or likely to help? Would they recommend going directly to IVF if one of your tubes is blocked? I guess you may not have the answers yet, but they may be good questions to ask. Best of luck to you, and definitely there is you have any questions!
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!   Infertility definitely sucks big time... especially with the unsolicited ''jokes' and 'advice' that people constantly offer.  I hope that your RE comes up with an excellent plan that will make your stay here short and sweet. 

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! I should know more today or tomorrow.
  • Options
    Looks like it's a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C for me...
  • Options
    Sounds similar to mine (although I didn't have a D&C). Do they think they can correct the shape of your uterus? That's what the hysteroscopy did for me, and from changes in my flow, I'd say it worked. Now FX that it can handle a pregnancy. Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    Hoping they can @KidShrink! I'm sure a lot will be determined once they get in there. I'll have my fingers crossed for you too!