1st Trimester

first prenatal apointment! what to exspect?

Hello everyone! This is my first pregnancy, I am 6weeks now! I have my first prenatal apointment today and I'm just wondering what to exspect! Thanks!

Re: first prenatal apointment! what to exspect?

• Every doctors office can be different. But most will just have you pee in a cup and confirm your pregnancy, then they may talk to you about health history, possibly do a physical exam and a pap, and some doctors (but most don't) do ultrasounds.
  • Loading the player...
  • Every doctors office can be different. But most will just have you pee in a cup and confirm your pregnancy, then they may talk to you about health history, possibly do a physical exam and a pap, and some doctors (but most don't) do ultrasounds.
    Pretty much this. I actually didn't have to pee in a cup, they just believed me which I was shocked lol I received an ultrasound and I heard the heartbeat at 6 weeks and I talked to the doctor about my health history and all of that. It was not until my 10 week did I get to pee in a cup, received an exam and pap, blood work for the tests I opted for and actually another ultrasound to make sure everything is alright in there. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • cadelscadels member
    I had a quick appoint with the doc and had an ultrasound to confirm a healthy pregnancy. They gave me my due date and also did a pap and STD screening. I was only there for about 15 minutes. Had a second appointment with the nurse for family history, blood work and a urine sample about 2 weeks later.
  • I had an appointment met with the nurse practitioner had blood drawn and did a urine test. She talk with my about vitamins and basic dos and donts. This was at 5 weeks. They scheduled my first exam with the dr and us for 8 weeks
  • Okay! Thanks guys!