December 2014 Moms
Options

Biting?

LO has his two bottom teeth, now when I breastfeed he is always biting me! HARD!! I heard hydrating them before feeding them will stop it but he won't drink water. Advice?

Re: Biting?

• Options
    My LO got her two bottom teeth right around 4.5 months and we had some issues at first. Whenever she bit me I was kind of loud about saying it hurt. I would also unlatch her so she had an idea of what was going on. She was learning how to nurse while having these new things in her mouth. You could always consult a lactation consultant or LO's pediatrician.
    Anniversary

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    Mine was biting me really hard for awhile. He also had his two bottom teeth. Then, in a week he got three more teeth (yikes!) and now no more biting. This article helped me: https://kellymom.com/ages/older-infant/biting/
    Telling him no would just get a smile, except once when I actually scared him and then he wouldn't nurse at all until I calmed him down and then I felt terrible. I just would pay close attention and stop him before he bit me too hard, and then that was the end of the session or switched sides. That worked and the phase passed.
    BabyFetus Ticker