1st Trimester
Options

Disneyland and pregnant

Has anyone been to Disneyland while pregnant? Is there such a thing called a pink pass?

Re: Disneyland and pregnant

• Options
    Never heard of a pink pass but I've always had a ton of luck getting on the ride faster in the single rider lines.
  • Options
    jsassyjsassy member
    edited July 2015
    Lurking from TTGP...

Nope, no pink pass.  They do, however, offer passes for disabled guests. If you need a wheelchair or scooter, its normal lines for you depending on the ride.  But the last time I checked, pregnancy does not equal disabled.  So unless you have a condition that prevents you from waiting in a "conventional queue environment", you are just a regular guest.  The good news is that you can still really enjoy yourself at Disneyland while pregnant, and I would recommend it - as long as you are up for a lot of walking!!!  

From Disney's website:

DAS is intended for Guests whose disability prevents them from waiting in a conventional queue environment. This service allows Guests to schedule a return time that is comparable to the current queue wait for the given attraction. Once a return time is issued, Guests are free to enjoy other theme park offerings such as meeting a Character, grabbing a bite to eat, enjoying entertainment or even visiting another attraction until their listed return time. Return times are valid until redeemed prior to park closing.

Guests can only have one active return time at a time. As soon as an outstanding attraction return time is redeemed, Guests can receive a return time for the same or a different attraction. 

Me: 35 - DH: 34
    Married: 08/2009
    BFP #1: 11/2010 - DS born 07/2011
    TTC #2: 02/2014
    RE Dx-Unexplained IF: 06/2015
    BFP #2: 08/12/15 - MC 08/27/15
    BFP #3: 03/11/16 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/09/16 - DD born 12/2016  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you're pregnant and in your first tri, I seriously doubt that you would be considered "disabled" enough to not wait in line. And if you are that incapacitated, I'd suggest rescheduling your trip because you will need to be able to walk a lot to cover Disneyland. Or rent a scooter I guess, but if you have a scooter, waiting in line should be a non issue since you'll be sitting.

Disney has cracked down on who can and can't skip the line due to disability in recent years. Pregnancy certainly doesn't qualify. Usually it needs to be something like very serious autism, etc to get a skip the line pass. Which is how it should be.
  • Options
    Just wanted to say that I know pregnancy is not a disability. This is my first time to Disneyland since I was 5 and someone mentioned it to me. I am not trying to go around the rules or take advantage just wanted to make sure I knew everything I could.
  • Options
    eshook2 said:
    Just wanted to say that I know pregnancy is not a disability. This is my first time to Disneyland since I was 5 and someone mentioned it to me. I am not trying to go around the rules or take advantage just wanted to make sure I knew everything I could.
    Perhaps you could contact the park itself and ask someone about this.   
  • Options
    I went in my first trimester. No special treatment. You won't be able to ride some of the rides and just be prepared to walk a lot!
  • Options
    I work at Walt Disney World and there is no special pass for pregnant women.  I'm sure it's the same policy for Disneyland.  I'm running the half marathon out there in November and can't wait to see the 60th Anniversary Celebration!  Have so much fun!