Infertility

Missing period 3yrs, ovarian cyst..

mamitobe092mamitobe092 member
edited July 2015 in Infertility
So, my bestfriend hasn't had her period in 3 yrs. When she did have it , it was irregular. She would get it for. A couple months but then miss 2 months. That soon turned into 6 months with no period.. Eventually it stopped overall. She's terrified. She has abdominal pain sometimes and she just recently found out she has an ovarian cyst in her left ovary. That is where she usually has pain. Does anyone know what is going on??? What's wrong with her?? Is the cyst dangerous?? Will She ever concieve??

Re: Missing period 3yrs, ovarian cyst..

• Unfortunately, most of us are not in the medical field and even if we are, would not be able to give this type of assistance over the Internet.
    If she is concerned, she needs to contact her ob and begin the proper testing and such to determine the cause of her issues.
  • She sounds a lot like me, I never get a period and have cyst. I am not a Dr and have no medical training I think your friend should see a Dr but I can share my story.
    I have PCS the a few main things they look for when looking at PCS is not having a period, ovary cyst, and overweight, and mail pattern hair growth (ex. Hair on your stomach). You dont havd to have all of thwm, for instance i have all of the symptoms except for weight gain. If you have PCS it is not easy to get pregnate without medication. Sometimes medication such as Metformin can really help, and other times it is not so easy. I have been dealing with infertility for the past 4 years, have been on tons of different medications, had a miscarriage, and now and doing IUI. I think it is worth getting checked. From everything I have learned in my journey (again in no way a trained professional) if you do not have a period then you are not ovulating. I hope that your friend is able to find the answers she needs and is able to start a family!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @Emily4554 wow, this is kind of crazy because she has every single one of those simptoms. Sh . Has hair actually everywhere like her face too. Is that a part of it too? But she is a little overweight. I'm going to tell her about PCS. And maybe she can find the answers she is looking for. btw, she's a little worried because the doctor told her she might end up getting cancer because of all the cells Building up in her body. She has been on BC to get her period but was later taken off because. She bled for 2 months straight. She became very tired and with no energy what so ever. I'm just praying that she can find the right meds for she can start the little family of her own which she wanted since she was a child.
  • I'm sorry my phone auto commented it's not PCS it is PCOS and yes facial hair growth is a symptom
  • Is your friend going to an OB or RE?
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mklewis2010 yes, she is going to the OB and he keeps putting her on birth control. She doesn't want to be one it because she goes to college and works and she bleeds through her clothes. She's pretty embarrassed about it.. She's depressed. I try to help her as much as I can but its a little hard because I want to keep my distance since I'm 20w pregnant. I know that might sound selfish but I've noticed that she gets more depressed when pregnant women are around her especially when they're talking about how well their pregnancy is going.
  • You should tell her she should get a second opinion from another OB and see an RE.  Only a doctor can help her with this and if her doctor is not validating her concerns she needs to see someone else.  She has to be her own advocate.  good luck to you and your friend.
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker