February 2015 Moms

Sex Drive

Sorry if this has been addressed! I checked real quick for a spam thread and didn't see one and I also checked for another "sex dive" related thread... Any way, if this has already been addressed please disregard!

I'm so upset, I have 0 (zip, zilch, nada) sex drive... I don't want to kiss DH... Does anyone else still feel like this? Idk if it's a hormone change since the birth or if it's from my pill or what... all I know is I have a very sexually deprived husband who is so sad that it's hard to look at him and I have no desire to sleep with him... I WANT to but I don't want to :(... Help!

***July Siggy Challenge***
Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sex Drive

• Have you tried doing it? A lot of times now I may not be in the mood, but once we get going things are much better. Especially with lube.
  • Oh yes! And we can, it's just that I don't physically ever feel the need to initiate it and I don't get "excited" like I used to... We probably have sex about once every 7-10 days and to be honest, I would be perfectly fine waiting longer in between! 

***July Siggy Challenge***
    Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yes!! Same here!!! I don't even want to kiss my DH. No idea why I still feel this way. I'm not depressed, but seriously?! My son will be 6 months on aug 5! I thought I would be back to it by now... Nope!!!
  • Ugh I have been the same way! Are you moms breastfeeding too? I am and I feel like that could be part of my lack of sex drive. I feel like my body really isn't my own. And when my love touches me, the last thing I think would be sexy is spraying him with a breast milk water fall! Haha sorry if TMI. But yes, my son turned 6 months today and the only advice I can give is just try more.
  • I had the same problem for a while.  I talked to my doctor about it.  She told me that because I was breastfeeding, the my hormones were being used to produce milk.  The body evolved so that women would only have one baby at a time (in theory).  The way that she explained it to me was that women could either be sexually aroused and wanting (horny for lack of a better term) or they could produce milk.  This was because only one child could be fed in full at a time.  A second baby increases the risk of starvation of one of the infants.  When I stopped breastfeeding because of lack of milk production, my needs returned to their former state.  Hope this helps!~
  • I've been feeling (or not feeling!) the same way, and yes I am breastfeeding. You're not alone!
  • I have no feeling for sex anymore n my baby is 7months
  • I am in the same boat, my man is always asking for it constantly, and it's a lot of pressure cause I don't want to. I'm so happy I'm not alone my son is 71/2 months and a breastfed baby. Instead I just have a happy baby and a very frustrated boyfriend
  • If you're on birth control ; that may be the cause . It's designed to lower your libido (hence the name ' birth CONTROL' ). I spoke to my doctor last week about my concerns with my low sex drive and sex being uncomfortable due to dryness. She said that all of the above were symptoms of Lostrin24 Birth Control. Tell your husband to bare with you ; some womens libido increases after birth& others decrease .