2nd Trimester

Weight gain

I am 21 weeks and have gained 15 pounds and most of that being in the last 2 weeks :( I am trying to not gain as much as last times. How far a long are you and how much have you gained?

Re: Weight gain

• I'm 21 weeks and have only gained 1.8lb and that was in the last week. In my past three pregnancies I gained between 45-56lb. I'm presuming I'll start piling it on now!
  • There are about a million threads about weight gain, you might find some information there.

I'm 22 weeks and I've gained 4-6 lbs, depending on the day. My midwives aren't thrilled and would prefer me to gain more but they're okay with it as is.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've gained 15 so far at 16 weeks. I'm working out and trying to eat healthy so it's frustrating. I hope it stops piling on.
  • amama3amama3 member
    I'm 18wks and have gained 7pounds so far(3 of that was in the first trimester)
  • ChiccoBeanzChiccoBeanz member
    edited July 2015
    My weight fluctuates. I'm not supposed to gain weight anyway. But that's a different story.

ETA: I lost 13 lbs in the beginning and then gained 2 back then dropped those again. I've gotten my appetite back. So let's see what the doc says on Friday. I may have to go back to the gym and do light workouts and swims. 
  • I'm around 18-19 weeks, and I haven't gained hardly any weight! But everything is fine, and baby is healthy so far. My issue is my high metabolism, that doesn't want to slow down! :-S
  • I've finally managed to gain a bit i think. I don't track my weight. That's why i have doctors. I have enough to worry about. The mirror says i look healthy enough for a pregnant person and nobody is yelling at me so I'm happy. 
  • every person and every pregnancy is different. with my daughter i lost about 8lbs in the 1st trimester, then gained that back easily in the 2nd, then by the end gained about 24lbs overall. this time i am 22 weeks currently, i lost 14lbs in the 1st trimester, and i have only gained about 5lbs back in the past few weeks. this time around my body seems to be going up a lb, then down a lb. at the moment i have kinda plateaued at the same weight for the last few weeks. i do have to keep in mind i AM about 30lbs overweight and every appointment the baby is just fine and healthy, so i am trying not to worry too much. my main problem i believe is just not being hungry that much. no morning sickness, just not hungry. and my cravings have been fruit lots and lots of fruit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 8 lbs. at 24 weeks.
  • Iam 16 weeks 5 days and weighed myself today I have lost 1 - 2 kg since 6 weeks I haven't had a big appetite I have eaten but small portions wen I can not sure if I should be worried or not
  • I am 20 weeks and have gained 9 pounds - mostly in the first trimester!
  • 20+3 and actually 2lb less that my pre pregnancy weight. I lost about 8lb first trimester though due to sickness - everyone is different :) x
  • 19 weeks tomorrow, I've gained five pounds. I go up and back down a lot.