C-sections
Options

C-Section #2 scheduled for Friday!!!! Nervous!

2 years ago with baby #1 I had to have an emergency c-section under general after 26 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing. To say this was a tramatic experience is an understatement. I have a scheduled c-section on Friday and I am a nervous wreck. Since I was put to sleep last time I don't know what to expect. I cant imagine how nervous I will be on Friday if I am this nervous now. Any repeat c-section moms with advice to calm nerves? 

Re: C-Section #2 scheduled for Friday!!!! Nervous!

• Options
    Number 2 was a breeze for me! My 1st sounds similar to mine! U will do great. ..best of luck...
  • Options
    ZimgerZimger member
    My second csection was not nearly as traumatic and painful as my first. I knew it was coming. I had time to prepare mentally. In addition my body did not labor on top of the csection. I felt better physically. Sending good thoughts to you and your little one.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Compared to your last experience, this one should be nice a smooth. You'll go in, they'll get you prepped, and then you'll go into the OR to get your baby. This time around you'll get to be awake for it! They'll put a sheet up so you view is a blue "wall," the ceiling, your SO, or you anesthesiologist. You're arms will be spread out next to you and you'll need to keep them still. The epidural can cause you to shiver. Don't fight it. They can give you blankets if you need it. Your doctors should tell you how things are going/what to expect and you will feel pressure as they bring your LO out, but it obviously isn't painful. Try to focus on the end game and not about the nerves. This time around you're going in to get your LO and you know how they are coming. No long labor, no exhausting work.
  • Options
    I've heard SO many amazing stories with repeat c-sections! Wishing you and your little one all the best today!
  • Options
    I just had a RCS 8 days ago...the recovery has been easy thus far, aside from not being able to pick up my 18 mth old which is a total bummer. I had a little more swelling in my hands/feet this time but I'm 8 days out and back in my pre-preggo jeans! Best of luck momma, it'll all be wonderful!