Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Checkin - 07/27/2015

Hey everybody!  I've been MIA for a little bit because my computer died, ugh.  I'm back and up and running though, and will catch up on a few posts later today.

BFPs:

stac12679: dx: Bilateral tubal blockage  treatment: mini IVF

PAGING:

@GoldenKeys: dx:unexplained  treatment: currently benched, getting healthy
@kittycap  dx: PCOS  treatment: Clomid
@kristylang dx:Low counts/quality  treatment: Clomid+IUI
@jurba25 dx:PCOS/hypothyroidism  treatment: Clomid
@starlitfae dx:Unexplained, thyroid  treatment: Synthroid, femara, trigger+IUI
@chaconvanessa: dx:testing phase  treatment: Charting
@KidShrink: dx:Immature follies, thin lining   treatment: Femara/Ovidrel/Prometrieum
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  treatment:IVF
@jnissa: dx: DOR   treatment: IVF
@AnnieBananie90:  dx: PCOS   treatment: Clomid + TI
@Boogaloou: dx: PCOS +MFI  treatment:metformin, femara, Purgon + IUI
@27alex: dx: unknown  treatment: waiting to test
@SmileyMcGee
@tiffk10: dx PCOS  treatment: Femara +TI
@J_k4ever05  dx: PCOS + MFI (morph)   treatment: benched/getting healthy
@nickis32: dx: Endo + MFI (morph)
@dmsmth
@lifeislove87 dx:autoimmune challenges
@Alyeena dx: PCOS + MFI  treatment: modified IVF + ISCI
@BlissfulWifey: dx: Anovulatory: Progesterone + trigger
@SandyBrook: dx: irregular bleeding  treatment: testing phase
@Aera11: dx:mild PCOS treatment: Clomid
@AndieB83: dx:unexplained  treatment: Clomid/IUI
@Cupcakegal930: dx: MFI: count and motility  treatment: IVF+ISCI
@graphicgranite: dx: Possible PCOS treatment: Clomid + testing
@eekers: Unexplained treatment:Femara, Ovidrel, Prometrium
@tripplek1988: dx: PCOS  treatment: Clomid
@amazeballz: DX: pcos treatment: TBD
@mmkipper: dx: MFI/motility treatment: Clomid + IUI
@ACleanLife24: dx: PCOS, MCTD and IBS:  treatment: testing phase
@Mando15: dx: PCOS  treatment: Clomid + IUI
@Inge Molon: dx: PCOS  treatment: Letrozole + Ovidrel
@AshleySchulte87: dx: PCOS, Premature ovarian failure   treatment:Clomid
@kistra: dx: MFI teratozoospermia  treatment: Clomid + IUI
@riveridgional dx: Unexplained  treatment: Clomid
@wbird dx: Unexplained, low hormones  treatment: Menopur + trigger + progesterone
@mylienc dx: Low follicle count  treatment: Clomid + Novarel

NEWCOMERS:

To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your current treatment plan?

Question of the Week: " I still can't believe I once...." (fill in the blank)

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin - 07/27/2015

• Options
    This past week has been really odd for me.    I some odd coincidences like finding loose change in two parking lots and on the bike path.  Are people just throwing money away these days or should I start checking my horoscope? LOL

Anyway, September is quickly approaching and I'm starting to get excited about our next steps with a new RE.    Our old one is excellent but he isn't in network with our new insurance.   I had a little setback on the weight loss front from eating too much restaurant food with DH but I'm back on track now.

QOTW: I can't believe I once spent the whole summer wearing leggings and short shorts as a kid.  I thought it made me look like a dancer like the Fame movie.

• Options
    kistrakistra member
    Had a mid-cycle scan today.  All the follicles were small (10-15mm) but there were 6, so we are waiting 2 days to see what happens. Here is hoping some mature but hoping some of them don't. So... we might get cancelled this month if they all mature or if I ovulate on my own before my doc thinks they are mature enough for the IUI.

I can't believe I once wore pajamas to school because they were a birthday present from my mother and I thought her taste in clothes was that bad and I thought she would yell at me if I didn't wear my birthday present to school.
    ***Siggy Warning Child and Loss***

Officially diagnosed with unexplained infertility after 4 years of TTC
    IUI#2 gave us DS#1 who became an angel a few minutes after birth from Noonan syndrome
    IUI#4 gave us DS#2 - going strong as a toddler!

TTC again... Found a clinical trial for unexplained infertility and finished 16 weeks of "lifestyle intervention"
    Cycle #1 - cancelled for ovarian cyst x3...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jnissajnissa member
    Yep. Still just sitting here, waiting for CD1. Seriously considering asking if I can just start taking estrogen all the time after this and shut this show down. But, you know, after.

I really wanted to answer the GTKY with a NSFW answer. But instead I'll go with: Rode horses across Mongolia for three weeks with my little brother. Life changing. 
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options
    GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
    edited July 2015
    @kistra:  Hang in there, FX that juuust the right amount of follies mature!

@jnissa: LOL this is a forum where we  the entire point is talk about sex, our periods and everything associated with it.  I doubt that there are any prudes here, so share away if you want! :-)

• Options
    Hi ladies-
    I'm sitting here on day 6 of stims for this IVF cycle.. yesterday I had a scan, not so many follies forming so far, my RE didn't seem concerned, I go back tomorrow for monitoring again.  Hoping they continue to grow.  

@kistra hoping you get to go for your IUI!

@jnissa waiting for that to start is such a pain! Hoping it starts soon for you so you can move ahead!

QOTW:  Now thats a thinker.. I'll get back to you all on that one! 
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    LauraNick2010LauraNick2010 member
    edited July 2015
    Hi ladies I hope every one had a good week. I had a follow-up to review testing and was told everything looked okay nothing to be concerned over. He was shocked that no AF yet I'm now of CD 112... He prescribed Provera and clomid and told me to call in when I have CD 1 so he can monitor and get me in again.

Fx to you ladies! I really think patience is the hardest part.

QOTW: I can't believe I once flew halfway across the country to meet a guy I met on a dating website when I was 21 (I never spoke to him again after flying home).
  • Options
    @LauraNick2010 : you're so right! I have no patience to begin with (especially when something is messing up with my plans), and this week my patience is really being tested, although not as much as yours it seems... I was expecting AF last Friday (the app I used had my cycle down to a T, and I usually have 25-26 day cycles, unless I've been on letrozole and Prometrium and then I've managed to have a 'normal' 28 day cycle). I'm now onto day 31...longest cycle in my recorded history and anxiously waiting for AF to show so we can get started with our first injectibles and IUI cycle. I went in for BW this morning and everything was normal. Progesterone was at 3.6. So not sure if it's on its way up or down, but hoping it's coming down. If AF still hasn't showed within the next week, I have to go back. Given the surgery I had, it makes sense things are delayed, but I guess I was just a tad too enthusiastic to get this started.

QOTW: that's is a hard one...I'll go with the time I stole a brussel sprout in a grocery store because I was curious of what they were (my mom never bought any). I got caught.
  • Options
    1.  How long have you been TTC? 
    It's complicated due to a divorce. . . but with my current husband, 7 months.

2.  What is your diagnosis?
    PCOS- no period since coming off of BC 7 months ago.

3.  What is your current treatment plan?

Went this week, and the doctor put me on Provera for AF and then we are starting our first round of Clomid.

Question of the Week: " I still can't believe I once...." (fill in the blank)
    I still can't believe I once danced on a bar in New Orleans for shots. 
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited July 2015
    I received my BFN on Monday and just entered CD1 today. I need to decide in the next few hours whether to take a month off of fertility treatments or jump right into injectables. It's kinda overwhelming for me to think I only have 2 or maybe 3 chances left to get pregnant (barring some natural miracle) for financial reasons. I'm thinking I may need an emotional break from the process but, then again, I am also anxious to jump right in. I literally feel 50/50 about the decision. Ugh...

I still can't believe I went waterfall repelling in Costa Rica. One of my favorite experiences!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    @riveridgional I'm so sorry for your BFN. I received mine last Friday. Sucks big time. We decided to take the month of August off. I want to focus on getting healthy and enjoying life a little since my mind has been 24/7 IVF and worrying like you about how many more chances we have that insurance will cover. It's very stressful, and I would just like to enjoy the last couple of weeks with my husband, friends and family before school starts again. If you decide to start up again I wish you the best. If you decide to take some time off enjoy it!! :)

Like I said above my DH and I decided to take the month of August off from IVF. Who knows maybe a miracle will happen and we get pregnant in our own. Never know. :)

QOTW: I still can't believe I...told this guy a dirty joke at a bar and he thought it was so funny he gave me $20 to buy myself and my friends a shot. (Oh memories, haha)
    Kristy
  • Options
    @kristylang I'm sorry about you BFN too! Thanks for relaying your experience. I'm definitely starting to lean towards taking August off, enjoying a few glasses of wine, and having some fun with DH. I've been feeling pretty negative the last few days about my chances of getting pregnant so maybe the month off will help me get my mind and attitude straight and back on track! Our insurance doesn't cover any infertility, so it's all about our savings at this point and knowing when to close the infertility door so we can afford to open the adoption one.

Actually, in typing this, I think I have come to the decision to take the month off. Hopefully we will both receive our natural miracles this month! Hey, as everyone has told me (and I'm sure you), it's supposed to happen when we "stop trying," right? ;)
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    @riveridgional : that was my exact thinking. Take a month off to enjoy life and some cocktails!!! :). I wish you and your DH nothing but the best. I'm sorry your insurance doesn't cover IF. FX for your miracle this month! Enjoy your time with your DH and your wine!
    Kristy
  • Options
    1. TTC 3 years
    2. DX: Unexplained, low AMH, fibroids
    3. Micro dose Lupron, Follistim and Menapur. Will trigger with HCG

I can't believe that once I said I didn't want kids because my boyfriend at the time didn't. I always have wanted kids.
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Sunday. Sending prayers to all. - kind of long as I'm still learning the acronyms.

I went in Friday (CD11) to check my follicles and lining. They stated my lining looked great. I had one follicle on the left at 1.4cm and a startling second 3.4cm on the right. I've never had one that large and honestly it worries me. They did not want to administer Novarel (trigger)in case the 1.4 was the true dominant. And want me to go in on CD14 (tomorrow) to do another u/s and potentially the trigger. An OPK was finally positive last night without the assistance of hormones. That eased my mind on the overly large follicle.

I do not know if they will want to do an u/s now that I ovulated on my own. But in addition to my first positive OPK I am cramping terribly. I haven't had them this bad since I was a teenager. I've heard overly large follicles could be cysts and the rupture of cysts can be quite uncomfortable. Has anyone experience large follicle ruptures like this?

After this cycle we are strongly considering some time off from TTC. It has stressed us both out and the romance has gone. We knew this could happen and want to ensure our bond doesn't crack under the stress and pressure of TTC.

QOTW: I still can't believe I commuted nearly 4 hours a day 5 days a week to move in with my boyfriend (now DH) and I did that commute for over 2 years. Amazing what each of us will do for love.

Married 3 years TTC 15+months
    OB dx: Low follicle count
    OB treatment: Clomid 100mg + Novarel 10,000 units + IUI

Proud mommy of 2 furbabies Julius (beautiful domestic short-hair) and Brutus (the boxer)

~Make yourself necessary to somebody.  Do not make life hard to any.~
  • Options
    TTC 4 months
    DX: PCOS, low progesterone with Vit D Deficiency
    Treatment: on 1st round of clomid 50mg cd3-7 . Now 12dpo with line eyes with only bfns.