Pregnant after 35
Options

Giving Pregnancy Gift

We just found out that DHs brother and his wife are expecting. I was thinking about sending her a pregnancy journal and something else as a nice gesture.
The pregnancy journal helped me but I don't want her to think I'm pushing it on her. What would you write on the card in reference to the gift? Also....what's something else that I could send with it?
We're not close and while I think that she's nice....there have been times where I don't really trust her. She's not a bad person, but we just don't always mesh. I want to let them know how happy we are though and since they live so far away I thought this would be good.

image  image image

Re: Giving Pregnancy Gift

• Options
    What you said sounds great!  Let her know that you're excited for them and how much you really loved this journal and hope that she will too?  Honest and happy!  :)   What was something else you really enjoyed during your pregnancy?  It's almost a way to create a little bond between the two of you.  Congrats, auntie!
  • Options
    HWKIHWKI member
    I think that is very sweet. It's just a journal to record what they like, not a parenting book, so I can't see how they could be offended in any way.