2nd Trimester
Options

Worst pregnancy side-effect so far for you..

Constipation for me, without a doubt. Not only being unable to go more than a few tiny pellets every few days (And nothing working to get it moving) but now getting major constipation pain so bad that I'm not sleeping well either. 

Re: Worst pregnancy side-effect so far for you..

• Options
    Omg this is me too. I'm 28 weeks and still suffering if I forget to eat my morning yogurt. My last pregnancy I had the runs. I don't know which is worse !!
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited July 2015
    Omg this is me too. I'm 28 weeks and still suffering if I forget to eat my morning yogurt. My last pregnancy I had the runs. I don't know which is worse !!
    I have the runs normally :) I have a bowel disease (TMI, warning) and when I would flare up, I'd get crazy liquid, sometimes tinted with blood or mucus and all kinds of drama. I used to wish that I had to deal with constipation instead when other people would talk about it. 

I honestly have to say that constipation is SCARIER, maybe because i've dealt with diarrhea for so long that it doesn't worry me anymore. To swing entirely in the opposite direction, accompanied by pain and this bizarre feeling of fullness is quite concerning. Colace doesn't seem to do anything, nor do any foods other than, oddly, prune juice. Prune juice helps a little. It used to be complete poison for me before. 

Somebody suggested "dieter's tea" - supposedly makes you go like Mt. Saint Helen's.. but i'm concerned about that sort of thing. It doesn't sound like something that's good for fetuses.. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would take the painful constipation or watery diarrhea any day over my newfound hemerroids.
  • Options
    No appetite. I never want to eat anything and it really sucks. I'm starting to get into trouble with my midwives for not gaining enough weight because I'm just not eating enough. Nothing ever sounds good at all. And when something does sound good, I have roughly a ten minute window to acquire that food and eat it before it sounds awful again.
  • Options
    Some insomnia, and my sciatic nerve acting up!! So painful!
  • Options
    I finally got over the 24/7 hangover feeling and now have moved on to constipation.
  • Options
    Indigestion and hypotension (although I m beginning to recover from the latter)
  • Options
    @groovylocks try activia yogurt ! It's my go to and works like a charm !
  • Options
    queenwog said:
    No appetite. I never want to eat anything and it really sucks. I'm starting to get into trouble with my midwives for not gaining enough weight because I'm just not eating enough. Nothing ever sounds good at all. And when something does sound good, I have roughly a ten minute window to acquire that food and eat it before it sounds awful again.
    This sounds a lot like me. I have had no cravings (cola and coffee mostly) and have aversions. I've never been fussy but i'm a really fussy eater now. And like you, if i actually WANT something, I have 10 minutes before that want cycles back around to disgust. It's starting to let up a little some days. But for the most part, food is still kind of gross. Especially if it's warm or cooked. 
  • Options
    The lack of appetite was pretty annoying the first 18 weeks. Eating became the biggest chore, ugh! Since 18 weeks it's been replace with ever increasing heartburn...at everything all the freaking time.
  • Options
    ashhsaashhsa member
    Tiredness. I'm so tired, all the time. It's slowly improving, but it's so hard to function!
  • Options
    Almost 24 weeks with an almost constant sickness. When I do get sick, it's awful. 
  • Options
    20 weeks this Thursday, only pregnancy symptoms have been indigestion which just started happened and my never ending growing breasts!
  • Options
    Being tired. Last time it was sciatica and constipation. Colace only helped a little.
  • Options
    I'd say the vomiting and the tiredness. 22 weeks and still throwing up daily.
  • Options
    I have two; Constipation, and the Back aches! I can handle the constipation. But these backaches can be annoying and frustrating! :-w
  • Options
    Mine would have to be the inability to fall back sleep after I wake up and pee in the middle of the night.  It takes me a good 30-45 minutes to fall back asleep and sometimes by then, my alarm is about to go off in an hour or two.  So when I wake up, I am DEAD! It just puts me into a groggy, sluggish mood first thing in the morning.  I dread it, when I start back to school.  Lately it's been 4 AM bathroom breaks and I get up at 5:30 for work, during the school year.  I try and look at the silver lining, as it is preparing me for the insomnia that is about to set in, in 5 months. 
  • Options
    Constipation here too! Gives me that full, gassy feeling... Ick! And it hurts too! It's starting to get better though, at the beginning of second trimester I would go 3 days without a poop. Not fun
  • Options
    sam301sam301 member
    Nightmares.
    So so so many nightmares of my twins... And my dog.. Who is like a baby to me! Haha

Waking up literally 10x a night because I've rolled onto my back and my body automatically wakes me up to tell me "hey that's not right roll to the left"

Pain in my bum left bum cheek from sleeping on my left all night. Sciatica nerve pain!

Top three most annoying things for me.

• Options
    Constipation and leg cramps. I can't stretch my legs without being afraid of feeling like my leg was going to come off. It hurts so bad!!!
  • Options
    Im 18 weeks- Feeling nauseous every time I brush my teeth. Specifically, my tongue. Sometimes just seeing DH brushing his tongue makes me nauseous. I usually end up throwing up while brushing my tongue.
  • Options
    bmmimsbmmims member
    My worst so far has been acne.  I have never had beautiful and clear skin.  But I am constantly getting these deep pimples on my chin (which actually I never broke out on my chin pre-pregnancy)

Nothing is helping to clear it up :/
  • Options
    bmmims said:
    My worst so far has been acne.  I have never had beautiful and clear skin.  But I am constantly getting these deep pimples on my chin (which actually I never broke out on my chin pre-pregnancy)

I broke out really bad during the first trimester. I purchased a Clarisonic and switched to a really gentle cleanser (Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser & CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser are both amazing), and the combo did wonders for my skin. Hope you can find some relief!

My worst symptom has been hip pain. It gets so bad sometimes that my SO has to help me turn over in bed or get off the couch. :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was passing out up to 4 times a day! I went to the ER and they said "strange things happen when you're pregnant". I wasn't pleased and it was still becoming more frequent and taking longer to recover. Turns out baby #2 has revealed an auto-immune disease that isn't normally diagnosed until age 40 or beyond! Its rough but I'm also grateful - it can be easily treated and more or less resolved! Thanks tiny baby!
  • Options
    The headaches... At least 2 days a week I'm stuck with an all day headache that nothing seems to help.. and I feel like I can't accomplish anything! OB said today they should pass by 20 weeks so hopefully in two more weeks I won't have to suffer much more. 

• Options
    I had really bad constipation in the beginning. It was so painful. I was up every night for weeks. I started taking Lepicol and it completely stopped! Must buy some ASAP! x
  • Options
    tireness and anxiet big time. this is my 3rd pregnancy and just not enjoying it yet.
  • Options
    Cramps! It's like I've been on my period for two weeks. Doctor says everything is normal and since 16w I've been feeling the little tyke move more and more every day. Drinking, exercising.... I figure I have a big baby and a small uterus?!
  • Options
    Swollen feet. They HURT and then make me anxious. :(

Me (38) & DH (48).  Married since 5/5/13, TTC since then!

MFI - low counts, low motility

IUI #1:  6/28/14

• Options
    Headaches, I think I have one every single day. I don't like taking meds for it but it sucks to be suffering every single day!!
    Nightmares! My latest was that I was 15 weeks, went into labor and doctors told me I had no choice but to deliver :(
    Latest is carpal tunnel. Hit me while DH and I were walking on the beach. Had me up for hours last night

But I wouldn't trade them for the world
  • Options
    Backache. I can never get comfortable.
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited July 2015
    bmmims said:

Unfortunately chin acne is textbook hormonal acne. There is one thing and one thing only that clears up hormonal acne and you can't take it while pregnant. But the good news is, once baby is out and done breastfeeding, you can take accutane and you'll just never get it again. Ever.  Then or in the future. Pregnant or not :)
  • Options
    Heartburn and headaches. If I don't have one, I have the other. It's constant. Luckily my doc has been great in providing meds. I think he gets it this time around. LOTS of troubles with DD while I was pregnant so maybe he feels bad for passing me off. ;)

And cramps/shifting. Don't know if any of you have ever had an inguinal hernia before. (I've had 3... ick.) But I've been having the pinching, muscle stretching feelings I had with those when baby is in an uncomfortable position or I sit certain ways after baby has gotten comfortable somewhere else.

And not necessarily a side effect from pregnancy, but my 18 mo old is either NOT thrilled or REALLY excited with this baby so far. She thinks my newly acquired bump is something to crawl over or elbow.  Or that my previously concave bellybutton is something to continuously poke and prod into. Love her to bits but OW! :P
  • Options
    Becoming hypoglycemic. First time in 4 pregnancies. It's certainly..... interesting to experience.
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • Options
    Backaches. Constantly.
    Insomnia
    I have a very weird relationship with food now. I can be starving and I never know what I want. Then I'll finally settle on something take a couple of bites and that's it. It just becomes so unappetizing. I hate it.
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more :(
  • Options
    Mine is bleeding I've been bleeding since week 5 now on & off but permanently for the last 3 weeks. A week last Saturday I bled really bad went to A & E & they admitted me. They did a internal exam & said my cervix was open & they could see placenta poking through my cervix (I have complete placenta previa). They told me I was having a miscarriage. The following day the bleeding had slowed down a bit, now I'm on bedrest for the foreseeable future. I'm 17+1 weeks & baby is ok cervix is closed but I'm still bleeding. This is all super stressful, I've been told if I keep bleeding like this they'll deliver baby at 23 / 24 weeks eek. Anything else I can cope with but the fear is driving me mad. I have 51 days till my baby can be born with a chance of survival & I'm desperately willing time to go faster!
    Good luck with your pregnancies everyone xox