TTC after 35

Anyone else worried Trisonomy will occur again?

I'm 35.
It took 4 years to get pregnant and I took Clomid once and it worked!
But, Had a d&c two months ago due to baby having Trisinomy21.
Ready to try again but worried it will happen again.
Can anyone relate?

Re: Anyone else worried Trisonomy will occur again?

• I'm so sorry that you went through that. It hasn't happened to me but my best friend went through the same thing very recently. She and her husband are understandably nervous and weighing their options. She's thinking about IVF, so that the embryos can be screened (I don't know as much about this- just what she's told me). I'm sure it must be very nerve-wracking. It's hard when something you want so badly also feels so scary (that's how I felt after my miscarriage, though I know that's not the same). I hope things go smoothly for you. Good luck.
  • I think you're talking about Trisomy 21, or Down Syndrome?  Your odds of having another baby with Trisomy 21 aren't increased, to my knowledge, beyond the normal increase that occurs after age 35.  I've seen your posting of this on other boards and on this one so many times though, so I really think you should ask your OB to refer you to a genetic counselor because it's weighing so heavily on your mind.  They can answer that question much better than any of us can.  Good luck.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Odds are 1:100 per our genetisit.
  • Us too! But I'm still very scared! We tried to get pregnant this month for the first time since the D&C and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting my period in the next day or so. 1:100 seems like small chances, how we they also told me at my age age - 35, I had a 1/395 chance of it happening and it did!!!!!!